aaa Beringher - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Beringher

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 30-Aug-98  @  04:09 PM   -   Beringher

roger

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Anyone know anything about the Beringher Eurodesks?

I'm thinking about getting the big MX8000 but have heard the cheaper beringher mixing desks are cheap and crackly and not very strong - is this true for the more expensive ones?

Beringher have just been sued by Mackie for imitation so there desks must be pretty good!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/31             02-Sep-98  @  01:45 AM   -   RE: Beringher

xoxos

Link?:  Link

isopropyl alcohol is 100% the best cleaner to use, because it evaporates 100%. anything else is just bunk to sell you. this is from someone (besides myself) who owns a big recording studio.

if you're feeling funky, why not take the thing apart and then take the switch apart and clean it out real good, then put it back together. if it's one of those switches that doesn't come apart, go buy a new one at an electronic supply store.

just make sure you unplug it first!

xoxos.

Message 12/31             02-Sep-98  @  04:04 AM   -   RE: Beringher

srend2

I have to admit, I get hard when I see the Eurodesks in ads. I have personally used one at the dealer and have to say it really is a carbon copy of a mackie. Some say it doesn't last as long but as far as I know the pans and faders etc. are all Panasonic. They also make the lower priced 8-bus with less aux sends. The new Alesis Studio boards are really good for a 4-bus. They switch from mic to line so you can monitor sixteen signals without repatching ( I had a Ramsa from 1984 that did the same but I guess the douchebags in the big leagues forgot about that option).

Message 13/31             02-Sep-98  @  04:43 AM   -   RE: Beringher

buggo

what I don't get is why studios have big 60-input boards and the like....I mean, for an orchestra, you could individually mic EVERY instrument...but not in a studio!! I mean the average rock band has lets say 2 guitars, bass, 8 mics on a drum set, 3 vocal mics...maybe more. Even a band with more instuments, like a ska band with brass and saxes, wouldn't use a whole lot...Still, a 16-channel or even 24 should do it...And even for electronic music, what with all the separate outs from samplers etc, why bother with all the tracks? who ever uses 'em? I've been wondering about this for quite some time...

maybe big league studio guys compensate for miniscule schlong size with big mixing desks..he he..

Message 14/31             02-Sep-98  @  09:33 AM   -   RE: Beringher

bill

Link?:  Link

they have to be big enuff so that if you take a photo of the band "in the studio" you can't see either end of the desk at either side of the photo - makes it look more complicated....

Message 15/31             02-Sep-98  @  06:58 PM   -   RE: Beringher

rouge

I want a big desk so I can utilise all my MIDI gears audio outputs and basically leave it a ll plugged-in for convenience!

Message 16/31             04-Sep-98  @  10:47 PM   -   RE: Beringher

Purple Haze

And some extra aux sends/returns and more eq options are always nice too.

I asked someone at a shop as to why the behringer desks are so cheap compared to others, and he told me that it's because they're being made in indonesia or some other eastern country where the wages are low. He said that the quality is a bit less good than the more expensive ones, but that it's barely noticeable and probably outperforms the older mackies. If you believe salesmen that's up to you though.

I would really like to hear how it performs compared to e.g. a mackie or a spirit or whaterver from someone who knows his stuff and has used them.

Message 17/31             05-Sep-98  @  12:05 AM   -   RE: Beringher

Purple Haze

I was just on www.dejanews.com, did a search on 'behringer mx8000' and found a couple of threads from about a year ago about it.
Quite diverse answers/opinions... some guy said he did a couple of dance tracks on it that had gotten in de swedish/danish (ca't remember) charts, while another guy said he'd compared it to amackie in a studio, did a 1:1 test, and the behringer sounded like a kindergarten toy.

If you're really thinking about buying that desk, go to dejanews and read those threads, maybe they will help you make up your mind.

Message 18/31             05-Sep-98  @  11:36 AM   -   RE: Beringher

JAWA

Just go into a music shop and try them all out..... its the only way

Message 19/31             05-Sep-98  @  12:02 PM   -   RE: Beringher

Roger Ram-jet

Hasn't anyone here got any hands on experience with it - I live miles away from any music store that sells them so I'll probably have to take a risk on mail order!

Wheres this deja site?

Message 20/31             05-Sep-98  @  02:49 PM   -   RE: Beringher

kilo

behringer are a fine company making great kit........... mackie are excellent mixers.... behringers are ok too.... soundcraft spirits are wicked too... but... what about older studiomaster desks... they are great, quiet, brilliant eq & routing...very good, as are older soundcrafts, .....old allen & heath are ok too...... it's just the same bunk.... a good track with great ideas and a cool hook is gonna go.....regardless of what mixer it was done on..... even a cruddy old 8 channel cheapie will get the result..... it's all starting to sound like hi-fi buffs wanking on about their pre-amps & cartridges etc...... look, there are good new desks out there, and like other areas ok kit, the facilities on offer now for the buck, are wider and better than in the past..... but go back up to 10 years, and there are great cheapies to be had too....

I personally think the eurodesk is a good bit of kit for the money, but that's my opinion..... behringers rack kit is fine, so why not their desks?...... mackie are excellent mixers, and i cant deny it... even tho they bamboozle alot with their advertising.... but great mixers.....

what i'm saying is, i don't think having a mackie over a eurodesk is gonna make the slightest difference to how well your tracks are received..... if you cant mix, you cant mix, and having a vintage harrison or neve even aint gonna change that....

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 31 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)