aaa bass guitar - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: bass guitar

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 23-Sep-98  @  07:53 PM   -   bass guitar

rouge

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Is there anything to get some decent bizarre and deep sounds out of my old bass guitar?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/33             24-Sep-98  @  02:49 PM   -   RE: bass guitar

xoxos

Link?:  Link

strictly concerning bass guitars i had to stop at 400.. but if you look at all these threads that people have left concerning the use of bass guitars, you might notice that poeple suggest simple, pleasant, organic environments. if you are thinking of using a bass guitar, take a moment and consider that perhaps bass guitar playing is a myth, a placebo, perhaps a ritual designed to emphasize and reinforce certain ideas upon the psyche, or maybe just a stimuli to make you feel sufficiently altered to observe your life from a more objective viewpoint. oh no, not the taboo!

perhaps you'd just be better off investing the same amount of time seriously thinking about the future, or taking your girl out for a nice dinner. if you play bass, they're so curly and wiggly you might not be able to put it down for hours, and you have to proceed through normal society being a 'bass player.' well, lots of people play musical instruments, but why create barriers? never underrate the importance of relating to other people. and why just accumulate another piece of useless clutter in your system?
wires all over the place, lumpy bass cabinets. just shooting out the 'cons,' because bass playing is the norm around here. but at 400, i can't really make much of an argument, can i? heck, i certainly bent the ceiling, or at least put a few ripples in it.. when it's bright i can see through it, but then the rain comes in too. and it's not just like i only play bass.. get two, three or four amps all blastin' away at once...

xoxos, xoxos, xoxos.
xoxos is where it's at.

Message 12/33             24-Sep-98  @  06:53 PM   -   RE: bass guitar

rouge

Has anyone tried the FX pedals that are supposed to make your bass sound fretless?

Message 13/33             25-Sep-98  @  02:28 AM   -   RE: bass guitar

xoxos

you totally lost me...

xoxos.

Message 14/33             26-Sep-98  @  11:09 AM   -   RE: bass guitar

rouge

Fuck! Whats the deal with all the tripping stories???
As a doctor I have had experiences of patients on bad trips, extreme paranoia, prolonged hallucinations, etc. so all I can say is don't do them. I did try them myself a couple of times as a kid and had some very pleasent experiences but I was always in an environment I felt safe and comfortable in (and it is good to check out the park afterwards) but buggo is right. Did you know the acid stays in your blood for 14 YEARS?!? Oh, and don't try microdots for a first, go for a strawberry or something. And, definitely do NOT do pills - they seriously fry your brain and fuck up your nervous system.

But who cares ? Back to bass guitars.........

Message 15/33             27-Sep-98  @  02:43 PM   -   RE: bass guitar

Sedusa

you dissenter! Hehe.. Telling people not to take pills on a dance music site for chrissakes! Anyways... They can't detect acid in your blood (Trust me, the cops took me to the hospital when I was 14 and never found a thing... Only way to tell is thru spinal tap, which they can't do without consent....) so don't worry about it.. The LSD is fine, really.. It's the combination of LSD, amphetamine, and strychnine that makes it bad... Any heavy ex-acidheads here? Remember those jittery paranoid fight-or-flight strychnine doses? Yuck. Ain't no thang tho... You gots to be sure of who you trust, or do it alone.. Not as bad as you think... I did a lot of acid alone, you just gotta be ready to let whatever hits you hit you.. It's the whole secret, really... I actually was into the whole freak-me-out scene when I dropped acid all the time... Ahh, my favorite movie was "Night Of The Living Dead"... Classic movie, unmissable on acid... Get into tha horror movie paradigm, and so called bad trips ain't no thang... The only time I've ever had a trip turn bad was when something truly BAD happened while I was on acid.. Had nothing to do with the acid.. just bad shit that happened anyway... So if you stay with people you trust, and go with whatever (Scary or not) that happens, you can experience it in a cool way.. Hehe, the really COOL acid experience is to experience EGO DEATH, in which your feeling of self is replaced by a disorientation in a universal way... Your Ego (In a Freudian sense) is dissolved, and you get to experience reality with no points of reference, no sense of self to help you thru the confusing sensations you encounter.. VERY frightening, but an experience that I think all human beings should be forced to endure... Because without losing your Ego, you don't realize how precious it really is... How many people are perfectly willing to let their "Self" dissolve while they piss away their lives? Discover what it is to lose your identity, and learn to cherish it.... Yes, I used to do a LOT of acid, tho it's not any fun to me any more  

Message 16/33             27-Sep-98  @  06:37 PM   -   RE: bass guitar

buggo

hmmm...almost makes me wanna fry again...

but i think i'll stick to the green.

Message 17/33             27-Sep-98  @  10:43 PM   -   RE: bass guitar

rouge

good choice Dr Bug .... I'm coming round later with my bong bong , see you then

Message 18/33             28-Sep-98  @  02:48 AM   -   RE: bass guitar

ratfink

egad didn't mean for this to turn into a druggie thread again remember that monster one late last year/early this year?

Message 19/33             28-Sep-98  @  02:50 AM   -   RE: bass guitar

buggo

he he yeah...

Message 20/33             28-Sep-98  @  06:30 AM   -   RE: bass guitar

kilo

how about walt disneys fantasia on the tv accompanied by some excellent dance cd's of your choice.... er... bass??... well, i like to play it with chords, like a guitar.... y'know ... as an accompanying instrument to sing to... funnily, you get some great tracks, cos you are removed from all your ingrained conditioned learned usual guitar chords and shapes habits... you can't do 'em, so i find, i've come up with some of my best tracks (guitar) using the bass .... useful to try when in a writing rut... as is drums...

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 33 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)