aaa Which sounds are same in techno... guess pls. - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Which sounds are same in techno... guess pls.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 20-Aug-98  @  05:02 PM   -   Which sounds are same in techno... guess pls.

Alex

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

you all know very well that all the techno songs have common drums/hihats/basses/pads. Please guess which instruments (synth/samplers) are mostly used with playing techno and tell please which you use... My opinion: Drums/hihats/claps-TR,
basslines: kinda Moog, pads: I use Korg N264 etc. Thanks in advance...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/35             21-Aug-98  @  11:02 AM   -   RE: Which sounds are same in techno... guess pls.

Richie

Nope, I'm from the UK, A place called Dudley which is about 30 kilometres or so from Birmingham.
I am allways interested in trading tapes with fellow techno heads, I will have to E-mail you because I am using the net from work and have no e-mail here, I am looking into getting on-line at home soon though.
There is quite a good scene in Birmingham for minimalist dark techno centred around the "House Of God" club, the main dj that you might know is "Surgeon". Also there is "Atomic Jam" with dj's such as "Tony Work" who plays quite a nice set consisting of minimal / dark to that wierd kind of subliminal kind of stuff.
Anyway I'll contact you via your e-mail and we can sort something out.

Richie :-)

Message 12/35             21-Aug-98  @  11:15 AM   -   RE: Which sounds are same in techno... guess pls.

Richie

Re- Sedusa

Maybe it's because I have'nt been out in a while (buying a house and what not). I got a bit dissilusioned with the whole scene because of what you said really, The last few times I went out in wolverhampton the club just played trance and acid, a club that used to be renowned for playing really fucked up techno.

I'll hasten to add that the acid sounds I use are used in a more minimal way rather than the typical acid line ala party acid techno. (Do I sound like I'm defending myself here?)

Richie (totaly confused now)

Message 13/35             21-Aug-98  @  11:17 AM   -   RE: Which sounds are same in techno... guess pls.

bill

Link?:  Link

techno still completely seems to escape any type of definitive meaning for me - i mean, i associate it with the traveller/hippy/trance scene and a couple of clubs in london that i used to go to (the whirl-y-gig and megatripolis when it was still at heaven) - but the more i hear other people talking about it, the more it seems that everyone has their own concept of it - like i've met europeans who consider cheesy euro-house as techno....

i think i want to listen to some derrick may though.

Message 14/35             21-Aug-98  @  11:24 AM   -   RE: Which sounds are same in techno... guess pls.

Richie

A good place to start would be the Techno Nations compilations, I would personaly recommend 'Techno Nations 5' (you also get 6), some quite good stuff on it. Also 'Missile' compilation cd, 'Eurobeat' has quite afew of the classic tracks. Not to mention 'Regis' / 'Oliver Ho' / 'Surgeon' / 'Jeff Mills'. My knowlege of the scene is not great mainly because I spend all my cash on equipment rather than records.
In fact if anyone wants to put a few recommendations up (on cd) I am on the lookout for some new purchases!

Message 15/35             21-Aug-98  @  01:02 PM   -   RE: Which sounds are same in techno... guess pls.

Richie

dani2@mindspring

Your going to have to give me the address, call me a thicko but I can't get through.

Well I'm new to this net thing.

Message 16/35             21-Aug-98  @  06:46 PM   -   RE: Which sounds are same in techno... guess pls.

Blunted

Derrick May innovator...it's a 2 cd set od some old school detroit......ANybody got any goa tips???????

Message 17/35             21-Aug-98  @  09:04 PM   -   RE: Which sounds are same in techno... guess pls.

buggo

i agree about the "dark side" of techno....way cool....and that acid sucks....

when you talk about darkish techno, do you mean hardcore type stuff too? because since I got a distortion pedal, that's all I've been doing; great fun it is!

(and for a real laugh check out http://www.sloca.com/entertain.html, it's a listing of local entertainers put out by the Music Factory; which is basically a local DJ shop....just look at it and you will appreciate the club scene wherever you live...guaranteed...not as if i would care because in san luis all the clubs card these days; some strict-ass new ordnance with heavy heavy penalties for underage shit sort of got club owners cautious....)

Message 18/35             22-Aug-98  @  06:39 AM   -   RE: Which sounds are same in techno... guess pls.

celtic dream

Goa tip????......what do you mean????if you mean good tapes/records,um.....DAN EFFEX has some good tapes,check out his ep,excursions in hardtrance/Goa......also THEE-O has some good Goa tapes.......If your talking about making Goa I start with an intracit JP8000 line(the tb sound.....not like the real thing but good in its own way).....then put in a pad using note changes......and add a sudle anolog line....do some build-ups and maybe put in some light breakbeats.....

Message 19/35             22-Aug-98  @  06:42 AM   -   RE: Which sounds are same in techno... guess pls.

celtic dream

Goa tip????......what do you mean????if you mean good tapes/records,um.....DAN EFFEX has some good tapes,check out his ep,excursions in hardtrance/Goa......also THEE-O has some good Goa tapes.......If your talking about making Goa I start with an intracit JP8000 line(the tb sound.....not like the real thing but good in its own way).....then put in a pad using note changes......and add a sudle anolog line....do some build-ups and maybe put in some light breakbeats.....maybe this is more of just a trance thing but Goa isnt to far off>>>>>>>LSD<<<<<<<

Message 20/35             22-Aug-98  @  08:03 AM   -   RE: Which sounds are same in techno... guess pls.

dani2

Link?:  Link

Sorry i forgot the .com, was in a hurry.

ps i just found out that James Pennington "Suburban Night " is giving a track to me and my friend to help start our label out...JAMES FUCKING PENNINGTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!TRANSMAT!!!!!!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 35 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)