aaa I need help arranging a house track - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: I need help arranging a house track

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 23-Jan-04  @  09:58 PM   -   I need help arranging a house track

Mike Geary

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Hope someone out there can provide me with some help . I have been slowly getting together a decent collection of kit and consider myself pretty competant with it . I produce house music in a sort of moody US style but i keep hitting on the same problem .
All the ingredients of each track sound great and i am always satisfied with what i can produce in terms of loops , bass , synth , samples . Problem is , when i try to arrange it all into the finished article it never seems to sound "right" . The tracks just never seem to flow like i know they should and by the time i have finished tinkering i have usually lost the original vibe that created the track in the first place. Any help or suggestions would be well received .
I know there is no template that works every time but i really am getting frustrated and maybe i look into things too much rather than keep it simple . I don't know but i hope you can help . Cheers

michael.geary@ntlworld.com

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/36             25-Jan-04  @  07:19 PM   -   RE: I need help arranging a house track

Hydrofonix

Link?:  Link

Like a blind man in an orgy just feel your way around....

Message 12/36             26-Jan-04  @  07:25 AM   -   RE: I need help arranging a house track

dt regular

get ing high on weed! That'll make your ears properly tune in and you get loads of ideas. Well I do anyway. Plus listen to tracks you rate. And please don't do that droping the kick drum out for a bar as its been done soooooooo many times before and we are in 2004! Shit, that rhymed, maybe I should be a jungle MC.

Message 13/36             26-Jan-04  @  09:12 AM   -   RE: I need help arranging a house track

Influx

Link?: Link

uh oh. god forbid you do anything thats ever been done before!

dont use square waves

dont use sawtooth, sine, triangle.

PLEASE dont ever have a 1 bar breakdown to signal a transition

that is SO 2003!

Message 14/36             26-Jan-04  @  09:13 AM     Edit: 26-Jan-04  |  09:16 AM   -   RE: I need help arranging a house track

BluStudio

fuck off and log in dt regular

Message 15/36             26-Jan-04  @  10:38 AM   -   RE: I need help arranging a house track

dubmunkey

yeah stuff all that its been done before business.....for tracks to be part of a genre they need an recognisable element- when im doing jeff mills style techno i always do that quick drop out/reverse technique.....

oh please dont use a four to the floor bd for house thats so the last 20 years! he he he

greg

Message 16/36             26-Jan-04  @  11:54 AM   -   RE: I need help arranging a house track

GrooveMonkey

WHy not post a track or two then we can all hear whats wrong and advise better rather than groping around in the dark..

G

Message 17/36             26-Jan-04  @  03:02 PM   -   RE: I need help arranging a house track

MXP

how bout you f@#k off the house music and produce some f@#king jungle

Message 18/36             26-Jan-04  @  03:19 PM   -   RE: I need help arranging a house track

dubmunkey

jungle?!?! thats sooooooooooooooo 1994........hahahahahahaha

nah seriously jungle? its a bit toy-town....

greg

Message 19/36             28-Jan-04  @  03:50 AM   -   RE: I need help arranging a house track

MXP

jungle - toy town - are you for real what part of the world are you from

Message 20/36             28-Jan-04  @  08:38 AM   -   RE: I need help arranging a house track

milan

fast car... we're going faster... we're going faster

or do you not agree?

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 36 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)