aaa help me with soft samplers? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: help me with soft samplers?

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 13-Feb-04  @  11:53 AM   -   help me with soft samplers?

John Trueman

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Hi

I am looking for the best all round soft sampler (shipped with quality samples). I heard that the MOTU Mach 5 is quality but very buggy as they rushed it out onto the marketplace. Should I be looking at soft samplers like Kontackt, Battery, etc?

Thanking you for your time.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/37             14-Feb-04  @  05:12 PM   -   RE: help me with soft samplers?

xoxos

Link?: Link

for sure, what clay said.

dh's samplersnatcher2 module has sampling functions that are not matched by anythnig i know of until you get up to kontakt. but i understand if reading the help file for 1/2 ohur is toomuch and you'd rather just use a week's pay from your easy job you're used to that doesn't challenge you because you're genetically designed to find it non-offensive.

Message 12/37             14-Feb-04  @  07:10 PM   -   RE: help me with soft samplers?

Influx

cept in order to use kontakt you gotta do a LOT of reading, too

oh, and, SAMPLE FORUM  I forgot that one. slippin

Message 13/37             15-Feb-04  @  10:16 AM   -   RE: help me with soft samplers?

k

Link?:  Link

"win freinds and influence people" with the all-new 'xoxos cultural approach system'

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 14/37             15-Feb-04  @  05:54 PM   -   RE: help me with soft samplers?

xoxos

dude, my own mother is trying to swindle me out of my money so i'll have to stay in a city and play nice and sput out moron children.

i'm so fucking mad with culture i could spit, like. what the fuck am i supposed to do? every where i fucking go, brain dead, brain washed people who don't have an iota but really really think they do.

Message 15/37             15-Feb-04  @  08:59 PM   -   RE: help me with soft samplers?

mcc>

100% automated.....

Message 16/37             15-Feb-04  @  11:21 PM   -   RE: help me with soft samplers?

lucidskies

Well, I havent had any experience with softsamplers except the Emagic
EXS24mkII. It's a great soft sampler. The filters are great, and the modmatrix is
killer. Other than that, I can't be much help. Good luck!
-Mike

Message 17/37             16-Feb-04  @  02:56 AM     Edit: 16-Feb-04  |  02:57 AM   -   RE: help me with soft samplers?

psylichon

Stylus can really be cut up and reprocessed however you want, though this is made a bit more difficult by the lack of multiple outputs. But still, if you are creative enough, you can make loops for years with Stylus and not sound like anyone else. And the sheer number of samples helps, obviously.

I hear they're coming out with an acoustic version of stylus that I will personally be ALL over... and the drums in PA2 were from the "drumkit from hell" played via halion. I've tweaked it a lot more since then, and if I ever get a nice breaks choon outta me, you will hear it in full glory. That thing is the best kit sound I've ever gotten, sampled or real.

Oh yeah, tracktion's rack filters help with gobs and gobs of processing on the back of it :D

Message 18/37             16-Feb-04  @  02:03 PM   -   RE: help me with soft samplers?

Drum Addict

Stylus - Great sound but there is a real lack of quality kick drums and I think its a bit too hard to fit in the mix as its all ready been pressed to vinyl then re-recorded.

Waldorf Attack - utter poo. Hated it.

Kontact - Great idea but the the samples shipped with it sound rubbish.

RM1V - nice sound but there isn't a comprehensive sample library. I found 2 kicks that were useable and 3 snares. No claps. The synthesis module is kinda cool for hats, lasers, etc but what about the main drums, eh?

Plugsound - haven't heard it but Influx knows his onions so........

Battery - this is the one I settled on. Great library of sounds that all fit into the mix. Plus its got a wicked "loop" function that's just baaad!!! Get this and the extra CD rom and you won't be dissapointed. ALthought here isn't a filter, the sheer madness you can do with it makes up for it.

Only one man's opinion though.

Message 19/37             16-Feb-04  @  03:07 PM   -   RE: help me with soft samplers?

mcc>

damn....i wish my were my ears were so discerning!

i still remembering drumming on my kit made of cardboard boxes when i was a kid and thinking this sounds PHAT!
i think that part of me still hangs around to this day.

but yes...battery looks to be an awesome set-up.
i'm assuming i can import my cardboard kicks too though...yes?

Message 20/37             16-Feb-04  @  03:13 PM   -   RE: help me with soft samplers?

drum addict

yes, it reads WAV and AIFF.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 37 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)