aaa Best S/W synths - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Best S/W synths

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 15-Sep-03  @  12:29 AM   -   Best S/W synths

RGSteel

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

What do you think are the top 5 S/W synths.
Ones that you use in most or all of your tracks and find it to be the superb in every aspect.
I would like to purchase a few but since there are such a vast selection I was hoping some of you guys could give me some input. Thanks.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/37             16-Sep-03  @  11:13 AM   -   RE: Best S/W synths

milan

Link?: Link

that Albino on the front page looks like a future classic. great sound, million options but still easily programmable.

Message 12/37             16-Sep-03  @  11:45 AM     Edit: 16-Sep-03  |  02:47 PM   -   RE: Best S/W synths

§ï†ÅR

Albino is a great synth. Read the in depth review K did on it. NI Reaktor is pretty much unlimited in what it has to offer. I've heard lots about Absynth but don't have it. But here's one, Arturia's Moog Modular. By far the most incredible synth I've used. Simply incredible for all kinds of analog sound. If you're a registered Cakewalk user there is a big discount being offered on it. It's obviously a retro synth but what a job on it. To be able to make everything from trance arps and leads to the "music of the Krell" from Forbidden Planet shows it's versatility. And for anyone who wants to learn how synths are programmed from the ground up, this is your baby.

Message 13/37             16-Sep-03  @  03:21 PM   -   RE: Best S/W synths

j-type

Link?:  Link

Oddity is staggeringly good

Message 14/37             16-Sep-03  @  03:35 PM   -   RE: Best S/W synths

RGSteel

All great info. What about a nice sampler. Money aside, which ones would you guys choose a h/w or s/w one? Not a workstation like the mpc's
just a sampler.

Message 15/37             16-Sep-03  @  07:16 PM   -   RE: Best S/W synths

>x Havok x<

Kontakt is a great s/w sampler. I dont use a h/w sampler. I have heard yamaha and Emu have some good samplers with mangling effects which is always good, the more versatile the sampler the better in my eyes. Maybe someone who uses a good h/w sampler could give you more input.

Message 16/37             16-Sep-03  @  07:50 PM   -   RE: Best S/W synths

milan

forget it... h/w samplers are so last century (heheh), unless you wanna gig out that is...

Message 17/37             16-Sep-03  @  10:13 PM   -   RE: Best S/W synths

The Alchemist

I will Second on Kontakt. Its an awesome sampler. You can mangle the hell outta samples with that program.

Message 18/37             16-Sep-03  @  10:24 PM   -   RE: Best S/W synths

Raemon Frans

Or Halion.

Message 19/37             16-Sep-03  @  11:11 PM   -   RE: Best S/W synths

mcc>

the problem with running a soft-sampler with all these soft-synths is that your cpu is gonna get maxxed-out.

kontakt would be the way to go if your pc can afford the the muscle. lotsa good ensoniq asr 10's and x's used at great prices.
16 channels w 16 mb ram is pretty tough.
and some still say they were the most versatile and good sounding synth/sampler for the money. i have no idea but i love my eps 16+ i've had for over ten years now.

i just landed a yamaha a-4000 with......a kinda sick 128 mb ram...3.2 G hard-drive...3 1/2" floppy and cd-rom read/write drive...it beat-slices and splices...has 19 filters and 96 effects. i hear it's a slow-loader but powerful. we'll soon find out.

but this is about soft-synths and samplers....

Message 20/37             16-Sep-03  @  11:41 PM   -   RE: Best S/W synths

Influx

you bought an A4000, eh?

Id say throw an IDE drive in there. should be way faster than SCSI

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 37 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)