aaa Will a Sampler Fullfill my 909 needs? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Will a Sampler Fullfill my 909 needs?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 03-Sep-98  @  10:33 PM   -   Will a Sampler Fullfill my 909 needs?

hmfoster

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Hi. A Sampler will provide me with adequate 909
BassDrums and Hats, right? I don't care if can't
mess with the parameters as much as on a Real 909 or Drumstation. I have only CS1x and the 909 samples are a bit weak.(I've heard this before from others as well. I would rather put my money
towards a sampler rather than a Drumstation.
Jon

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/41             06-Sep-98  @  02:35 AM   -   RE: Will a Sampler Fullfill my 909 needs?

xoxos

Link?:  Link

can't do that, but i have to concur... 909 snares are total crap.

xoxos.

Message 12/41             07-Sep-98  @  10:29 AM   -   RE: Will a Sampler Fullfill my 909 needs?

Richie

?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It all depends upon how you process the 909 snare don't it.

Do you usualy use all your drum sounds flat or something??

How many dance tracks have you heard (in a dance club) where a snare roll got the crowd going and it was'nt a 909? People recognise those sounds now whether they admit it or not. A 909 snare/kick at 2000K plus shits, and I mean SHITS all over a drum kit.

If it's not 909/808 it's not dance.....

;-) (note the winkey)

Richie

Message 13/41             07-Sep-98  @  02:44 PM   -   RE: Will a Sampler Fullfill my 909 needs?

xoxos

being sampler based, there are so many damn good snares out there (love the ones on this site %^) ) to me the 909 sounds kinda spasmo, like someone was listening to too much drum machine snares when they made it.

i guess when you start processing, there's a lot you can do with anything.. personally i luv those ones straight off the 808, but the 9 ain't a classic as is, which is just a shame.

finga on the trigga,

xoxos.

Message 14/41             07-Sep-98  @  06:56 PM   -   RE: Will a Sampler Fullfill my 909 needs?

rouge

I honestly don't believe its possible to get a 'decent' lively sound out of the 909 snare! Its just totally dead to my ears but I agree the bass-drum can be cool if used correctly in the mix and with a different snare drum!

Message 15/41             07-Sep-98  @  07:44 PM   -   RE: Will a Sampler Fullfill my 909 needs?

buggo

the 606 has a great snare.

Message 16/41             07-Sep-98  @  11:46 PM   -   RE: Will a Sampler Fullfill my 909 needs?

Sedusa

I personally don't like the 606 snare.. I think that the 909 snare sucks for lots of things, but it's killer for other.. Like, rolls, and sitting on top of the 2 and 4 kicks.. yum. And actually, besides the cowbell, the snares on the 808 are the only thing I don't like about it.. Ah, fuck all yall, I'm gonna press a record with only a 626 (I AM kidding})

Message 17/41             07-Sep-98  @  11:50 PM   -   RE: Will a Sampler Fullfill my 909 needs?

buggo

yeh, i've heard people raving about the 808 cowbell. eugh. it blows.

Message 18/41             08-Sep-98  @  02:31 AM   -   RE: Will a Sampler Fullfill my 909 needs?

kilo

wel it all depends what your doing huh??... i mean 606 is making a big showing in R'n' B right now for a while.... and it's a cracking snare thru a mixer cranked up with maybe a tad of compression to crack it some... the hatz are absolute killer .... bit of a weedy kik for tru tho... as for the 909 snare it can be well tweaked on an original.... tightened up alot.... doesnt have to be that loose weak version... and adding some comp at about 5-9/1 with a slow attck & fast decay wacks any snare up a bit.... plus layering too, i like to layer the 909 with a pitched up 808 or straight 606, or mmaybe a real thin rimshot snare to give it more crack....

the point is... with a sampler infinate kits with total variety are the order of the lunch.... you can have 10 layered kiks, and 8 layered snares as an entree, and a multi-kit salad to follow, followed by a breakbeat loop desert

Message 19/41             08-Sep-98  @  12:23 PM   -   RE: Will a Sampler Fullfill my 909 needs?

Floatpoint$hotmail.com

What a corny discussion this is guys... realy !

To the guy thinkin bout buyin either a Yamaha or Emu sampler....

Choose the Emu one !

Dont know about future support for the Y one....

The rest of ya all - GET A LIFE !

How can you spend your free time discussing whether one should op for a 909 or an 808
bd ????

Fuck, it's all up to what kind of music you make...
And after reading your discussions I've come to the conclusion that ya all must be a bunch
of fagots who needs to grow up.

Anyone released anything on com CD ?..... Didn't think so...

Blargh.....

Message 20/41             08-Sep-98  @  07:28 PM   -   RE: Will a Sampler Fullfill my 909 needs?

rouge

Hey - I'm 6 years old and I am a faggot - I'll continue to discuss 808 bassdrums as I please!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 41 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)