aaa bass vsti - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: bass vsti

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 02-Feb-04  @  08:24 AM   -   bass vsti

Jory

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

What is the best bass VSTi? Trilogy doesn't fit into the mix, Albino is great at leads but shit at bass and the es2 only does "trancey" basses. Bass is the only bit I'm stuck on.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/42             03-Feb-04  @  03:53 PM   -   RE: bass vsti

Pongoid

Link?: Link

Prophet.

Message 12/42             03-Feb-04  @  04:54 PM   -   RE: bass vsti

digital rust

man, i'm sorry, but if you can't get good bass out of albino, then you're not
programming it right.

Message 13/42             03-Feb-04  @  06:19 PM   -   RE: bass vsti

Optofonik - AKA, mick, rhyze, etc.

Waldorf Attack VSTi

Message 14/42             03-Feb-04  @  09:23 PM   -   RE: bass vsti

Broken Silence

v-station by far is my favorite out of all that have been named.

Message 15/42             04-Feb-04  @  11:38 AM   -   RE: bass vsti

Neil

I don't know how you can say that those synths are thin or don't sit in the mix - that's what EQ is for.

Pretty much any vsti will produce some deecent bass sounds depending on what you're after. Seeing as no two songs require the same bass sound it follows that no one bass synth is best. Having said that some synths are better at certain sounds than others. Junglist for instance is good at dirty pitch envolpeed jungle and rnb basses cos it has those pitch functions.

Message 16/42             04-Feb-04  @  11:41 AM   -   RE: bass vsti

Jory

Digital Rust - how the hell would you know? You don't know the type of tracks I'm doing and you don't know about the quality levels I'm aspiring too within my chosen musical style. What a stupid thing to say! Idiot, read my original post.

I own a Waldorf attack and its great at SFX and the odd drum sound but I'd rather stick with Lin Plug stuff for all that. What I need is something that is going to do a thick, bouncy bass sound but sit in the mix properly and not swamp the whole bottom end.

Cheers for all the recommendations chaps. I'll def look at the v-station too.

Message 17/42             04-Feb-04  @  12:04 PM   -   RE: bass vsti

milan

aye... you're right Jory, digitalrust wouldnt know a thing or two about dirty bass or programming synths. if you listen to his tracks you'll see he's clueless and his sounds suck.

http://www.dancetech.com/members/my_tracks/audio/DT_ACF18EC3786321.mp3

lalala...

Message 18/42             04-Feb-04  @  12:54 PM   -   RE: bass vsti

k

well Jory - why doncha add some audio so we can hear what you mean

----

What I need is something that is going to do a thick, bouncy bass sound but sit in the mix properly and not swamp the whole bottom end.

---

well, filter out the very low end to reduce 'swamping' mebbe look at your kik drum freq's to see what's going on and reuce bass in the same range to stop muddiness

Oh - your speakers ARE wired in phase yes? (NOT being in phase severely reduces bass definition)

Message 19/42             04-Feb-04  @  12:57 PM   -   RE: bass vsti

Jory

Didn't say he doen't know what he's doing IN HIS PARTICULAR STYLE. Its not a style or sound I'm into or want to be into. I'm after thick, funky bassess for house music and Albino doesn't do em. Only my opinion but the basses on my tunes don't stand up to the drums, leads, pads, etc. I reckon bass is the NUMBER 1 hardest thing to do.

Message 20/42             04-Feb-04  @  01:19 PM   -   RE: bass vsti

milan

yeah sorry... i mixed you up with the guy who was after dirty breakz basses   doh...

anyway... you didnt even SAY what kinda bass you were after. am i supposed to be psychic or what???

the sound you're after... it wouldnt happen to be bass guitar? i know lot of house bods use then...

and i STILL say esm would be good for low end stuff with minimum effort, and Albino does good bass. you do have the presets it ships with, yes?

(wtf is it lately with everyone looking for "fast food" solutions??? )

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 42 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)