aaa PC Shutdown - aaaarrggghhh - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: PC Shutdown - aaaarrggghhh

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 02-Feb-04  @  04:16 PM   -   PC Shutdown - aaaarrggghhh

Dingostema

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Got one of these annoying problems. My PC seems to shut down periodically when I play or record in Logic and doesnt seem to follow any pattern. It originally sounded like a Hard drive problem so I got a new hard drive, did a fresh install and same shit. During our vocal recording session yesterday it must have shut down (in mid flow) and least 15 times which was sodding frustrating. I am as sure as I can be that it is not a virus and my anti virus s/w is up to date and I have even scanned whilst in safe mode to no avail (it was a good idea Beds!).

My old man who builds and maintains pc's said he has had 5 calls from clients like this in the last couple of weeks, anyone know anything about this before I am forced to systematically replace every bit of hardware in my machine?

Cheers

Dingo

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/47             02-Feb-04  @  07:51 PM   -   RE: PC Shutdown - aaaarrggghhh

influx

that would be WRITE down the error code

Message 12/47             02-Feb-04  @  08:15 PM   -   RE: PC Shutdown - aaaarrggghhh

xoxos

Link?: Link

mm.. i had one day w/ same thing, but long ago so don't remember - it'd either have been the heat thing or some goofy plugin i tried.

Message 13/47             03-Feb-04  @  09:11 AM   -   RE: PC Shutdown - aaaarrggghhh

Dingostema

Now just to make things even more confusing, I left logic playing an audio intensive track all through the night and this morning it was still happily playing along. I am using Logic 5.5.1 and Milan has suggested that this version needs XP's service pack1 which I will try and install. There does seem to be some conflict between logic and a driver called NTDLL.DLL which is in the System32 folder in Windows.

grrrrrrrr,

Dingo

Message 14/47             03-Feb-04  @  10:37 AM   -   RE: PC Shutdown - aaaarrggghhh

k

are u sure it aint a worm ? - (your pop said 5 this week similar hwich usualy is a worm - try some common worm scan d/loads from symantecs site and see perhaps?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 15/47             03-Feb-04  @  11:27 AM   -   RE: PC Shutdown - aaaarrggghhh

Dingostema

I dont think it can be a worm mate. I have had this problem for about 6 weeks so Symatec would have provided all the virus definitions for NAV by now. I have run several full scans in safe mode and nothing has come up. Like I said, I even though it may have been a hard drive failure so I went and replaced it with a 120g and I've still got the same probs. Still, I have never updated XP so thats my next move.

Dingo

Message 16/47             03-Feb-04  @  12:13 PM   -   RE: PC Shutdown - aaaarrggghhh

sitar

Do the Bluescreen thingy. See what the error message says. There is one particular error that you can spend weeks reading about on computer forums. It causes your puter to reboot. I forget what the error is called cuz it happened to me about a year ago but if I see it I'll know it immediately. My solution, and it seemed like there were other solutions from what I read, was to boot my RAM up to 1 gig from 512 mb. Never happened again. For whatever reason XP needs more RAM than previous OSs. Another possible cause but you have to do the bluescreen thingy to find out.

Message 17/47             03-Feb-04  @  12:32 PM   -   RE: PC Shutdown - aaaarrggghhh

Dingostema

I agree, the bastard thing is that as I said before, I left logic playing all night (after setting the bluescreen thingy up) and now the sod wont fall over?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Dingo

Message 18/47             03-Feb-04  @  06:23 PM   -   RE: PC Shutdown - aaaarrggghhh

Optofonik - AKA, mick, rhyze, etc.

I had a similar problem recently. I pulled a piece of memory out of my lappy and it went away. Bad memory with only a four year warranty.

Message 19/47             03-Feb-04  @  06:57 PM   -   RE: PC Shutdown - aaaarrggghhh

xoxos

logic 5 requires xp? forget about that..

Message 20/47             03-Feb-04  @  07:44 PM   -   RE: PC Shutdown - aaaarrggghhh

milan

no, but xp requires all the bugfixes in sp to work better...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 47 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)