aaa bring out the webpages!!!! - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: bring out the webpages!!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message                 Date: 06-Jul-98  @  07:04 PM   -   bring out the webpages!!!!

buggo

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

i suggest, in light of all the controversy here etc i think daniella's suggestion of pictures/music etc on webpages is a good idea. that way also we can get more music out w/o filling up kilo's demo area. so up with the personal sites! it helps to be talking to a face etc than to a bunch of nicknames...anyway here's mine...

www.thegrid.net/jctlo/andrew/music.html
(there's also a bunch of shit about my webdesign services, and some broken client links and all my music is old shit that i haven't updated recently and generally the whole thing needs an overhaul, but ANYWAY, it's there if anyone cares....)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/56             07-Jul-98  @  12:30 AM   -   RE: bring out the webpages!!!!

kilo

well, maybe we ned to rename it.... Home-studio-tech... cos i do hardcore rock, reggaea, dub, and standard guitar songwriting too....... heh heh......

Message 12/56             07-Jul-98  @  03:04 AM   -   RE: bring out the webpages!!!!

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGHHHHHH

Message 13/56             07-Jul-98  @  03:50 AM   -   RE: bring out the webpages!!!!

The Pimp

If anyone is interested in my site it's www.niagara.com/~arsenaul/
It's mainly for Awe32/64 users. I created all the soundfonts myself. There is a bio page with the shit I do but no audio tracks yet. Soon though, very soon.

Jeremy Arsenault

Message 14/56             07-Jul-98  @  07:14 AM   -   RE: bring out the webpages!!!!

Mindspawn

Link?:  Link

Yo and amen! Thanks to ye all for the kind words.

Astroman, I only got a bit more'n Holger, a minute or so before she wouldna let me have any more. However, what I did hear was very promising. love the crispness you're getting from the MP3s. Sehr nice!

About the kit I used on the tracks: Line up folks, cos even though I've added considerably to my kit over the last few months, MOST of what you hear was done with Making Waves, Hammerhead, Stomper, and a lot of twisting the samples ala Sound Forge. Most of 'em have been remixed through Cakewalk at this point, but essentially I just bust out seperate drum, ryhthm, etc., tracks from making waves, import the waves into Cakewalk (I usually end up with between, 6 and 8 audio tracks), and then send 'em through me Gina to the mixer and FX.

Now I'm most proud of me new bits O' gear (synths, sampler, and what-not), and I have been able to more quickly get new sounds having the gear around. Tis also nice to be able to do tunes without the computer and to have more realtime control over things. BUT, over half of those tunes were done with a modest aresenal of software. Many of the samples have been pulled straight from this site. It takes a little time, and you end up with a massive number of sample snippets, but in the end you get a lot of mileage from yer samples in this way.

Thanks again to everyone for the kind props! Tis most appreciated.

spawn@mindspawn.com

Message 15/56             07-Jul-98  @  07:38 AM   -   RE: bring out the webpages!!!!

The Pimp

To: Mindspawn Just thought I'd add to the growing list off people telling you your stuff is the bomb. It's great. Quite enjoyed it.

Message 16/56             07-Jul-98  @  09:19 AM   -   RE: bring out the webpages!!!!

Mindspawn

Link?:  Link

Y'all are gonna make me cry.... Thanks soooo Much, everyone really. There's a helluva lot of talent hangs out at this site, and I feel most privileged to be gettin' props from so many of you. This is hellishly inspiring. Hell I don't know what to say, so I'll just shaddup.

By the by Astroman, heard just past the three minute mark on yer MP3, more I hear the better it gets. Gonna try again in awhile and see if I can get the rest of this gem. Very slick, and tasty!

Peace all.

Message 17/56             07-Jul-98  @  10:00 AM   -   RE: bring out the webpages!!!!

metalshop

Hey folks, just thought I'd drop my URL here:

http://home.earthlink.net/~underdose/

...hope to have more tunes up soon, likely featuring my
freaky new JP8k!

Thanks, in advance! L8s!

Message 18/56             07-Jul-98  @  10:20 AM   -   RE: bring out the webpages!!!!

Jock

What a great idea, heres my own web site........

www.sex.with.the.virgin.astronaught.and.headless.corpse.com

Message 19/56             07-Jul-98  @  02:58 PM   -   RE: bring out the webpages!!!!

Astroman

Fucking geocities. Can anyone recomend a good web hosting site that actually works?

Mindspawn... thanks alot for the comments.... it really means alot that someone whos actually knowledgable and talented gave it a listen... let alone had good comments. You may be the first person other than my girlfriend to listen to it. : ) For what its worth, everything cept the kick drum was made with my db50xg daughtercard. The kick is straight from Stomper. My new stuff, which I'm actually half proud of, is coming more from my cs1x. I just need to mp3 encode it then toss it up on the site.

Hey... this is pretty cool. Cant wait till I have time to check out some of these other sites....

By the way mindspawn... love the artwork on your site....

Message 20/56             07-Jul-98  @  03:21 PM   -   RE: bring out the webpages!!!!

JohnDo

As some of you know JohnDo Ecosse is going through a metamorphosis, from one person to three and working towards some live shows.

The site is http://members.tripod.com/~jdsite/johndo/base.htm.

Its only one basic page just now but in the next few weeks there'll be more tracks and images lyrics etc.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 56 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)