aaa Olympics!!! - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Olympics!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message                 Date: 14-Aug-04  @  07:14 AM   -   Olympics!!!

http://www.dancetech.com/~Optofonik_-_AK

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Sure, "The Games" are rife with controversy (professional athletes should have no place in the Olympics), allegations of doping, and commentators doing everything in their power to politicize the opening ceremony - making themselves look even more foolish with their other remarks - but watching the faces of the kids who will be competing over the next couple of weeks is inspiring. Let wish all the best for all the athletes.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/57             15-Aug-04  @  09:53 PM   -   RE: Olympics!!!

SignalRunners - Andrew

Link?: Link

They loved teh Tijs too :P

c'mon ya'll have to admit it, there was some bouncin action goin on there

Message 12/57             16-Aug-04  @  03:44 AM   -   RE: Olympics!!!

sitar

The thing is with the Olympics and everything else for that matter is this. I wonder why I can sit, and this is since I can remember, and watch the Olympics without hoping that the guy or the girl from the U.S. wins. All of the athletes have worked hard and sincerely. Whoever wins this time around doesn't matter and whoever doesn't win this time around also doesn't matter. We're looking at young people doing awesome stuff to the best of their ability in the moment after having sweated bullets day in and day out to get to this point. That's commendable no matter what country someone comes from. This is one world. The most disgusting display of the Olympic games took place in Los Angeles where people were so obviously biased it made me sick. Give me Sarajevo any day of the week over Los Angeles thank you. Patriotism is for the stupid.

Message 13/57             16-Aug-04  @  09:33 AM   -   RE: Olympics!!!

Dominic

Link?:  No link

Twas awesome for the trance world- DJ Tiesto spun 17 of his own tracks while the teams walked on the field"

In my opinion it was a complete insult to the dance music world that DJ Tiesto played. I heard him interviewed on Radio One Friday night at 6.15pm and he was saying that it was the biggest DJ gig that any DJ could possibly have. So I switched on the opening ceremony and witnessed DJ Tiesto's set and choice of tunes. Ewwwwww, it was horrible, marching tech trance beats (with no swing) and all you could hear were crashes and notes (in the 3rd Octave) from synth lead sounds. He wasn't helped by the fact that it sounded really quiet and shit through the stadium system compared to all the classic/operatic music that had proceeded. Dunno who the soundmen were but they did the worst job. Tiesto's set completely changed the vibe into a dull affair. Why did Tiesto get picked. Because he got voted no1 DJ in DJ mag? Why didn’t they go for a quality DJ/Producer like Richard Dorfmeister? Ridicules and very upsetting but I s'posse you have to get a corporate DJ for a corporate event. Please don't think I'm slaggin trance music as there is wicked, funky trance tracks about by producers like Spongle. I'm just frustrated at hearing a DJ play his own 2nd rate Reason tracks with Linn Plug Albino lead sounds! Do I sound jealous and bitter? I hope not.

Message 14/57             16-Aug-04  @  01:25 PM   -   RE: Olympics!!!

greg

nice to se the Dream Team get done by peurto rico.....that Utah Jazz guy was awesome...they deserved to win...

greg

Message 15/57             16-Aug-04  @  02:53 PM   -   RE: Olympics!!!

k

I'm just frustrated at hearing a DJ play his own 2nd rate Reason tracks with Linn Plug Albino lead sounds!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 16/57             16-Aug-04  @  03:00 PM   -   RE: Olympics!!!

psylichon

aw man, don't start knockin' software in an Olympics thread!

Message 17/57             16-Aug-04  @  04:02 PM   -   RE: Olympics!!!

greg

as long as you promise not to knock the olympics in the next software deate

greg

Message 18/57             16-Aug-04  @  06:02 PM     Edit: 16-Aug-04  |  06:04 PM   -   RE: Olympics!!!

http://www.dancetech.com/~Optofonik_-_AK

The Olympic games are a modern forum for nations to compete peacefully. It is an appropriate forum for nationalism - peacefully expressed through the competing athletes and the support of their respective nations. The Olympics' inherent nationalist nature isn't something to be critical of but should be supported as the one place were we can be nationalistic yet sportsman-like in our support by being good winners and good losers. It is a place where we have an opportunity to express these characteristics proudly. If our teams win we should be proud that they won but respectful of the knowledge that their opponents are also the some of the best at what they do. If our team loses we should pay respect to the victors and maintain our pride in our own, knowing that it required the world's best to give their best in order to defeat us.

Sure, this is all very idealistic but beyond the petty controversies there are still those athletes; real idealists who have worked hard, sacrificed, and trained for years. When they succeed in fair play, in the spirit of the games, they illustrate what idealism can lead to and that its not just an attitude predicated on naïveté.

Go USA!

May the best nations win.

Message 19/57             17-Aug-04  @  10:43 AM   -   RE: Olympics!!!

k

gWAAAN cHINA! - they are whooping everyone

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 20/57             18-Aug-04  @  11:37 PM   -   RE: Olympics!!!

Influx

last I saw the US had 27 medals over 2nd places 22.

quantification

I too think it was horrible that they chose tiesto as a musical representative

and no, I certainly wouldnt have wanted a breaks DJ either

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 57 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)