aaa Industrial Fans - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Industrial Fans

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Original Message                 Date: 15-Sep-98  @  01:49 PM   -   Industrial Fans

99devils

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Just wanted to tell all the industrial fans here that the new Rob Zombie CD kicks ass... it hasn't left my CD player in two days!

-C

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/64             17-Sep-98  @  02:51 PM   -   RE: Industrial Fans

xoxos

Link?:  Link

actually i'd have to insist that ministry (alain) formatted the entire genre to date with one track, 'over the shoulder' 12" well worth hearing. that acid sound is one of a kind.

xoxos.

Message 12/64             17-Sep-98  @  06:08 PM   -   RE: Industrial Fans

99devils

As always, industrial seems to be evolving... I think when it first started it was just a pissed off, noisy version of synthpop, kinda like what punk is to rock...

Nowadays, I tend to use the term industrial to reflect music which mixes elementsf metal with elements of techno. Coincidentally, that's what I try to do with my music ;-)

BTW - The most recent KMFDM album (the one with Megalomaniac on it) is a fucking great record.

Message 13/64             17-Sep-98  @  07:01 PM   -   RE: Industrial Fans

rouge

Industrial = Hard Rock with Electronic Influences (ie Samplers, drum-machines, etc.)

Whats the US opinion on Marilyn Manson? I personally think he's the dogs goolies - freak or not!

Message 14/64             18-Sep-98  @  03:18 AM   -   RE: Industrial Fans

xoxos

i think the hard rock/techno definition is spot-on for current market. the only thing i remember from t.g. is the phrase 'industrial music for industrial people,' so maybe they never defined it beyond using it. bleech! manson? heard that one song that was well deserving of it's popularity,; heard the second long play and the total leack of technique was sad. so i probably should expend more energy checking out the latest greatest, but for my money, the best i've heard (and i've got to admit, my market knowledge really expired about 3 years ago) is still p.t.v.'s and a few others acid stuff and m.b.m.'s 'storm the studio.' so i am a fanatic, but i totally recommend checking out the latter. according to futuremusic#72, that album only sold 1000 copies, which is incredulous. it is truly music for electronic musicians. listen to it on system after system for years of catching embedded material.. play it backwards, loudly, quietly. if you find a copy, listen to track 6 on the cd, 'reanimator part 2' and try and find something to compare with it. (the vinyl has an extra track.) there are sounds in there like the high-end pipes on the 8s that are only learned from countless hours of live exposure to loud, LOUD audio chaos. oh jack oh jack i make myself sick. probably why i never buy music..

xoxos.
damn i wish emagic would ship!

Message 15/64             18-Sep-98  @  05:29 AM   -   RE: Industrial Fans

xoxos

now that i think about it, i should follow my own dictates on the 'off-topic' thread about fighting the algorithm. 'storm the studio' is history. seminal, but effectively extinct.

and manson? routine showmanship (:b) with a fright-wig oscillating theremin-reference emulation and 'pertinent topics' evincing 'some form of communication...'

ie. i was living on this commune in northern arizona 1990 and a few of us went to check out skinny puppy on the 'too dark park' tour in hollywood at the palladium. i dunno 5,000 black leather jackets? huge chandelier, hardcore l.a. metal band.. quite a scene coming from desolation. m.m.'s performance style isn't exactly unique amongst the US genre of err.. 'black gothic guitar bands' (guitars being more readily available... mmm.)

in other words, 'oh he's a bad man, very bad..'

eclectically electronic in the states,
xoxos.

Message 16/64             18-Sep-98  @  06:32 AM   -   RE: Industrial Fans

buggo

yeah, i DO know industrial when I hear it, but somehow thought there might be more to it than I was getting...just wondered what exactly xoxos was raving on about up there with whether NIN is real industrial, who IS real industrial, industrial purism and whatnot....i think genres are overrated.

Message 17/64             18-Sep-98  @  07:53 AM   -   RE: Industrial Fans

Influx

BILE!!! Thats all I have to say about that. Scary shit.

Message 18/64             18-Sep-98  @  03:58 PM   -   RE: Industrial Fans

99devils

I think Antichrist Superstar was a great album, their EP (Smells like Children) only good for the Sweet Dreams remake, and American Family is shit!

In the states, Marilyn himself seems to be attaining quite the celebrity status, and the band has in fact manage to grab hold of MTV's attention...

-Craig

Message 19/64             18-Sep-98  @  04:04 PM   -   RE: Industrial Fans

melon

Do americans like looking at dude's bottoms, then?

Message 20/64             18-Sep-98  @  04:08 PM   -   RE: Industrial Fans

Richie

Of course they do...

Thats why so many of them have HUGE bottoms...

:-) (don't take me seriously guys)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

There are 64 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)