aaa Help - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Help

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 9

Original Message                 Date: 29-Dec-03  @  06:02 PM   -   Help

L.Dudley

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Ok I have a problem. I'm using cubase vst and trying to record audio files. I play the cd that i want to record and it has some huge echo that gets bigger and ruins the sonmg. This is also apparent when the metronome is clicking and when any other noise plays whilst cubase is open. All I wanna do is record, is there anything I can do to stop this loud babble??? Please help meeeeee

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/87             29-Dec-03  @  10:19 PM   -   RE: Help

the_dr38

Oh my god. I have been searching for that kind of answer for about a week. Thank you whoever posted that you are god!!!

Message 12/87             29-Dec-03  @  10:31 PM   -   RE: Help

the_dr38

Ok call me a dickhead but I still can't do it. I have a soundblaster audigy zs soundcard and when I click on the icon in the system tray in windows it comes up with a load of levels for the soundcard. Above the cd volume is a drop down menu that reads 'auxiliary', 'TAD-in' and 'microphone'. I can't seem to make any difference from here although I have tried changing some of the things. Do u mean that I need to adjust something in Cubase to make the cd the inputted device for recording. Do I have to have the cd playing with the cubase cd player to record when i get it working? Lastly do you know how I can get the time clock to match as it is unable to change it when I start. truly grateful as ever L.Dudley

Message 13/87             29-Dec-03  @  10:49 PM   -   RE: Help

psylichon

Link?: Link

Sounds like Creative Labs (or whoever makes Soundblasters anymore) uses a proprietary mixer interface, in which case you'll have to read help files or something to see how that works for selecting recording input. Or you might try going to control panel, 'sounds and audio devices', and under "device volume" select advanced. That should maybe bring up the Windows standard soundcard mixer which will then look like what I described.

Message 14/87             29-Dec-03  @  10:50 PM   -   RE: Help

psylichon

and i dont' know what you mean by "time clock"

Message 15/87             29-Dec-03  @  10:52 PM   -   RE: Help

mcc>

*****Ok call me a dickhead but I still can't do it.____

well psy......it was nice to be god for a moment at least, EH?

and i thought i was being helpful answering the guy's question in the cubase forum!
okay...i'll say it: dickhead.

but seriously man....just turn your audio into wav.
it's like why go up and down the hill to get water when you got some right there in your tap?

Message 16/87             29-Dec-03  @  10:56 PM   -   RE: Help

psylichon

yeah use a ripper, dude. why kill yerself?

Message 17/87             30-Dec-03  @  12:19 AM   -   RE: Help

the_dr38

True. I'll just use a ripper, can u remind me of the name of a good one to get please? P.S I have just taken 2 hours to re-assemble my pc after I lobbed it out of the window lol..................

Message 18/87             30-Dec-03  @  03:47 AM   -   RE: Help

the_dr38

Which ripper shall I DL?? Do I really need a ripper, connsidering that my cd ROM drive recorded straight into Cubase vst earlier? I osition mysefl to this pint (come on dude there e is a simple explanaion to making me successful at recording audio direct from a cd and u know it/ the_dr38@hotmail.com make it known PLEASE xxx

Message 19/87             30-Dec-03  @  05:25 AM   -   RE: Help

mcc>

a place called shareware music machine has tons of free and cheap rippers...plus other good stuff you might use.
see if you can't find the one psy suggested above....audio catalyst.
don't you take notes when people take time out to provide you advice?

you can figure out cubase right after you get past kindygarten and learn to rip a file from cd.
cubase will accept wave or aiff.

hate to be mean....but it's...yeah...monday.

Message 20/87             30-Dec-03  @  06:29 AM   -   RE: Help

psylichon

Look... recording audio "direct from CD" as you are trying to do is actually not going to sound as good as using a ripping program. Yes, there are ways you could get around your problems (the first of which would be to read some help files for the hardware/software you use), but why go through the trouble to get mediocre results?

Recording the CD in the manner you describe would result in a conversion from digital to analog and back to digital, something which is to be avoided if possible. Ripping would keep your audio in the digital domain. Forgive me if this is something you are aware of, but your insistence on using this method is puzzling to say the least.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 9

There are 87 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)