aaa Vaz Modular anybody have it? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Vaz Modular anybody have it?

Viewing all 21 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

Original Message 1/21             29-Sep-98  @  06:17 PM   -   Vaz Modular anybody have it?

tired

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Curious if it was worth the $, how stable it is, how the latency is, etc... thanks

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/21             29-Sep-98  @  06:37 PM   -   RE: Vaz Modular anybody have it?

skul

i have it. it's really neat. i haven't encountered any bugs yet. latency is bearable on my P200MMX, but just barely. probably fine for real time playing on a P2somethingsomething. i've had no problems synching to an external clock signal as long as i use a 1 measure count in.

worth the money? that depends on you i suppose. if you like to experiment a lot creating sounds - tweaking forever, then i suppose so. it's not exactly simple and fast (like VAZ+). more of a mad scientist kinda thing, which is why i like it. you can do lots of crazy shit with it. i don't think it's multitimbral yet, maybe that's in the update.

Message 3/21             30-Sep-98  @  04:27 PM   -   RE: Vaz Modular anybody have it?

Pongoid

Link?:  Link

Where do I get it?

Message 4/21             30-Sep-98  @  05:48 PM   -   RE: Vaz Modular anybody have it?

skul

http://www.software-technology.com/

Message 5/21             30-Sep-98  @  07:17 PM   -   RE: Vaz Modular anybody have it?

I can change VAZ1.6+ with Rebirth 2.0
alex@online.kr.ua
ICQ 9291691

Message 6/21             30-Sep-98  @  07:29 PM   -   RE: Vaz Modular anybody have it?

I can change VAZ1.6+ with Rebirth 2.0
alex@online.kr.ua
ICQ 9291691

Message 7/21             30-Sep-98  @  09:05 PM   -   RE: Vaz Modular anybody have it?

Mr.Analogue

The Audio Architect blows it away. The filters are as close to real modular analogue as you can get. The user interface is fun and innovative. It's a lot like playing a strategy game.

Message 8/21             30-Sep-98  @  09:05 PM   -   RE: Vaz Modular anybody have it?

oh oh oh ... i can change with ... er ...

Holger

Message 9/21             01-Oct-98  @  04:54 PM   -   RE: Vaz Modular anybody have it?

Pongoid-

It'll be no use for you, its PC based. Anyway if you can't gig wit it, why do ya want it.

-SF Wiseass-

Message 10/21             02-Oct-98  @  10:03 AM   -   RE: Vaz Modular anybody have it?

Mr.

The sounds so-sweet prog-fuck! Who gives a fuck if you can tack it some where. Why don't you produce some of this bad ass shit youi been preach'n. Give a site with yo,
shit on it. mata-fucka!

Message 11/21             02-Oct-98  @  02:09 PM   -   RE: Vaz Modular anybody have it?

Astroman

Anyone here used Generator? I like it better than any of the other softsynths I've tried. And I think Ive tried about all of them. The filters are amazing... and there are so many cool little modules you can use to construct your synth... including samplers and tape decks and all kinds of great effects. And after you've designed the inner workings of your synth you can design the "case" of your synth... or the control surface. The graphis for this are really nice. And best of all it plays back in realtime with no noticable latency. I think I may actually buy this piece of software.

Message 12/21             02-Oct-98  @  03:48 PM   -   RE: Vaz Modular anybody have it?

troels

welp... you guys oughta check out AXS2.02.. it's DOS-based and has a tracker-like sequencer (tho' it takes MIDI-in, so you could link it up to an external sequencer)... it's f**** awesome... seven part 64-voice real-time, you name it... and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference from a real virtualanalog synth like An1x ... I allready feel stupid, spending money on hardware synths....

demo on:
http://gene.wins.uva.nl/~gdehaan/

/troels
www.undergrunden.dk/fungalfarm

Message 13/21             02-Oct-98  @  09:03 PM   -   RE: Vaz Modular anybody have it?

Pongoid

I use PC as well as MAC. VAZ sounds cool. What about PUMP? Still around? Thanks for the info.

Message 14/21             03-Oct-98  @  03:12 PM   -   RE: Vaz Modular anybody have it?

Hidrah

Although a bunch of your are always saying, "Don't buy hardware, just go software, I can't the difference" but even if you can't I'd way rather have the hardware, cause lets face it, its so much cooler to have this big piece of electronics that you can tweak *real* knobs, and morph the sound, and it feels like you really own something. Software is kinda like you never actually have a true feel for it, its just sorta in your computer. Well, thats my opinion of the day.
Hidrah

Message 15/21             03-Oct-98  @  06:14 PM   -   RE: Vaz Modular anybody have it?

Agreed. A computer has a way of dampening the luster of spontaneous creation.

Message 16/21             04-Oct-98  @  07:05 AM   -   RE: Vaz Modular anybody have it?

Pongoid

This is so, however, toting a laptop is easier than toting a Serge. Not only that, but it's easier to recall your patch settings with s/w. But I guess that's half the beauty of a real modular: you come up with something new every time you plug in a cable, an twist a knob.
Ape

Message 17/21             04-Oct-98  @  11:23 AM   -   RE: Vaz Modular anybody have it?

Purple Haze

Hey Astroman... Before parting with your money for generator, lurk on their mailing list for a couple of weeks (where all the people who actually bought it rant their opinions). If things haven't changed, you will soon change your opinion.

Message 18/21             04-Oct-98  @  06:47 PM   -   RE: Vaz Modular anybody have it?

Pongoid

DHOH!!!

Message 19/21             04-Oct-98  @  09:18 PM   -   RE: Vaz Modular anybody have it?

rouge

Just downloaded the free 1.5. What do you open it (the file) with?

Message 20/21             05-Oct-98  @  06:29 PM   -   RE: Vaz Modular anybody have it?

Pongoid,

Check out my shit at www.thehipster.com

Real Audio section is what your looking for.

-C-

Message 21/21             05-Oct-98  @  06:32 PM   -   RE: Vaz Modular anybody have it?

Pongoid

Otay.

Viewing all 21 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

There are 21 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)