aaa Visuals . . . . - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Visuals . . . .

Viewing all 21 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

Original Message 1/21             29-Aug-98  @  05:22 AM   -   Visuals . . . .

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Alright . . . a long shot here. I'm very interested in learning how to go about creating about visuals to accompany music -- computer or film. Anyone know any resources that they could point me to?

---
Brad

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/21             29-Aug-98  @  07:22 AM   -   RE: Visuals . . . .

buggo

yeh, i know of a prog called cthga97..."the oscilloscope on acid" that makes wacked out designs to music. i fucking love it. i got it at download.com....do a "quick search" for "rave" and you should find it...that's only because I remember it mentioned it was popluar at raves and so it will show up in the description...

Message 3/21             29-Aug-98  @  12:53 PM   -   RE: Visuals . . . .

jason.rowe

saw something in US, it was a light show box which ran of a seperate midi track, i image you just send it messages and different lights go on etc.

Message 4/21             01-Sep-98  @  07:14 AM   -   RE: Visuals . . . .

mbiel

Bliss paint is great and can be triggered via Midi. It is a mac program. Check it out at imaga.com.
For lighting, there are some dimmer packs that can be controlled by Midi such as OPtasy. A good place to check out is http://www.microweb.com/ronpell/MusicVisualizers.html There is a program called BOMB which is quite good also.

Message 5/21             01-Sep-98  @  09:17 PM   -   RE: Visuals . . . .

Dan S.

Steinberg have a program which let's you display images and animations along with different effects like morphing etc, all midi-controllable. Can't remember the name though. Anyone?

Message 6/21             01-Sep-98  @  09:32 PM   -   RE: Visuals . . . .

oh oh

big deal

Message 7/21             02-Sep-98  @  04:14 AM   -   RE: Visuals . . . .

srend2

If you can project what's on your computer screen upwards, try Syntrilliums screen savers....Kalaidescope and Snowqualmie. The latter is more interesting but it's still in the beta stages. They both react to whatever is plugged into the soundcard. Cheap and fun.......also, you can manipulate them so that the visuals look nothing like the presets...

Message 8/21             02-Sep-98  @  01:21 PM   -   RE: Visuals . . . .

Jock

You need a piece of software called Arkaos. I dont know if your be able to download any demo versions of the net but its meant to be the dogs trolleys. I saw it at one of Jarres concerts last year. It is definately worth looking at.

But then you dont have to restrict yourself to using a PC. If its large scale imaging call STL Lighting on 0860 165 264. We can supply lasers, giant projections, back drops, intelligent lighting, searchlights, par can rigs, fireworks, pyrotechnics, staging/rigging, scaff towers, and of course shit loads of PA / pro audio.

Not that I was plugging my mates company there I just wanted to give some helpful advise!

Message 9/21             02-Sep-98  @  03:42 PM   -   RE: Visuals . . . .

mbiel

I think the program is Xpose by Arkaos. It is a mac program but they are suppose to come out with a "lite" version that is PC. You can check it out at Steinberg's site.

Message 10/21             02-Sep-98  @  07:16 PM   -   RE: Visuals . . . .

you need some phat 3d stuff (maybe a giant dinosaur
or whatever), 100 cute chicks dancing around,
5 hot cars and more stuff like that...

? right ?

Message 11/21             03-Sep-98  @  05:08 AM   -   RE: Visuals . . . .

hakerboy

There is a program called 'cd spectrum pro' out there I believe. I was quite impressed with the results, but I think it only works with a cd.
try http://www.synthesoft.com/download.htm

Message 12/21             03-Sep-98  @  06:19 AM   -   RE: Visuals . . . .

dihm

X>Pose is very hip. I've used the demo on my mac so it was save disabled, but did a music video straight to vhs for a Graphic design class. last quarter. I will buy the full version soon
dihm

Message 13/21             03-Sep-98  @  01:09 PM   -   RE: Visuals . . . .

Jock

Thats it ! X>Pose by Arkaos !

Message 14/21             04-Sep-98  @  03:01 PM   -   RE: Visuals . . . .

kilo

how about some old disney battery wall projectors, with the slide thru cards of Jungle book, etc.... heh heh...... also old oil lights, or you can get wicked fx by getting old 8mm celluliod making a loop, exposing it black, then scratching the surface with a pin ito pwiggly junk.... old 8mmm coloured in with markers etc.... overlaid stuff

Message 15/21             04-Sep-98  @  03:06 PM   -   RE: Visuals . . . .

bill

Link?:  Link

kilo. how the fuck do you know all this shit? would you know what type of pipes i'd need to install thirteen urinals in my bathroom?

Message 16/21             04-Sep-98  @  03:31 PM   -   RE: Visuals . . . .

steve

I remember seeing the Charletans in 1990 in Edinburgh. They were shite so we turned our attetion to the visuals guy who looked like Gerry Garcia out of the Grateful Dead at about 70 ( if he'd lived to that age )This old geezer was at the back of the hall projecting images by pouring shampoo, oil, and all sorts into a glass tray which in turn was on top of an overhead projector whilst rocking it back and forth. The lens of the projector had revolving coloured gels in front of it. The result was an ever changing 'splattered brains' style projection. This washed over the band and on the wall behind them....quite stunning. We spent the whole gig watching this guy like bothersome school kids. 'Hey mister whatcha doin'....... that sort of thing....anyway just thought I'd share that with you.

Message 17/21             04-Sep-98  @  06:06 PM   -   RE: Visuals . . . .

mbiel

What about a pixel camera (not sure of the name). I bought one years ago. It was made by a toy manufacture and you could get it at Toys R Us. It cost about $100 and recorded the image on regular cassette tape. B&W with weird after images if you shook about a bit. I used mine alot with video projections or on multiple monitors. I just go around and by old tv's for $20-50 and then get 5-20 of them running the same image. I've put them on telephone pole pedestals, hung them from ceilings with safety belt material, piled them up haphazardly, put them 5 high in totem poles, yadda yadda yadda. Not very practical if you don't have a truck or need to travel far but the benefit over passive screens is that you can use them almost like strobe units.

BTW, for anybody in LA. I'll be performing in LA starting in Nov under the name "Circle of Willis"
It'll be a sound/video/theater psychic cacophony. You ain't seen nothin like it. E-mail me for details. Seating is going to be limited to 25 people per night.

Message 18/21             09-Sep-98  @  01:03 PM   -   RE: Visuals . . . .

Fingers

I bought one of these toy vid cameras in the January sales for my kid. £25 half price from Menzies(WHSmith type place) just connect it to a vcr and there you go cheesy bw movies...heheh...tyco or tomy or sumfin

Message 19/21             09-Sep-98  @  01:15 PM   -   RE: Visuals . . . .

Jock

One of our laser guys used to have a box of mirrors, prisms, motors, etc.. to get various effects from his lasers (this was about 10 years ago). He even told me once that he used a glass tub full of lemonade and shined the laser through that once for an effect.

So I kicked the cunt in the teeth and havent seen the stupid fucker since.

Still its worth a call to STL Lighting for all your lighting needs......please call.....go on I know you want to.....the kids will go starving if you dont.................just one nights hire of a searchlight could pay my rent for one month........please hire something......book for the millenium to avoid disapointment.......go on please......(sad dog look)..etc...blah..drone....rhumatism........

Message 20/21             09-Sep-98  @  09:43 PM   -   RE: Visuals . . . .

kilo

yeah... my uncle was doing some interesting stuff before he was killed.... he had a rostrum canmera set up over a metal frame - underlit, and top lit etc... thewn he was stretching glycerine liquid over the frame, and filming it vibrating with a speaker playing music at it from below..... weird shit... he did some stuff also with water flowing thru various styles gates into a channel, that was interesting too.......

Message 21/21             10-Sep-98  @  01:01 PM   -   RE: Visuals . . . .

Jock

I photocopied my cock and shoved it on the overhead projector during a geography class at school. Much to the amusment of the entire class when an extremely blurred phallic symbol about 6 ft high appeared on the whiteboard.
I even biro'd in a bit of cock custard at the end of it.
Needless to say I got put on school report and had to do dinner duty for 2 whole weeks.

Viewing all 21 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

There are 21 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)