aaa Does VST really work on a PC? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Does VST really work on a PC?

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 23-Jul-98  @  08:40 AM   -   Does VST really work on a PC?

arpo

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I've been "evaluating" Radiums latest crack on Cubase VST 3.553 and it doesn't work. It freezes every 10-30 min. So I consider to buy the original. But I've heard that it doesn't help 'cos it doesn't work either? What do you think. Is it worth buying? What should I use instead?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/21             24-Jul-98  @  08:35 PM   -   RE: Does VST really work on a PC?

kilo

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

well.... Micheal Marshall at steinberg has invited me to hamburg to meet them..... when i talked on the phoe to him I talked about the vst probs and his answer was... "No no... we have a p166 here and it works fine !"...

as i say... i dont have a real prob with the audio side of Vst... any probs i do have is all about cos i use a non-compatible old soundcard so vst loses it sometimes... but audio timing is ok works fine...... the problem is the fucking midi timing.... maybe steinberg dont do dance music !!... cos i can see how with other material, it would appear that vst timing is ok.... for general sequencing the timing probs dont appear... but for house etc any fast regular sequenced drums or arpegiattions it's like listening to a car engine with bad timing... sure it drives to work fine... sure it doesnt break down... but when you sit at the traffic lights waiting to go, and listen to the engine ticking over, you can hear the little coughs and splutters as the engine rises and falls slightly...... that on a car means the distributor timing or static timing is slightly out... now... for day to day car use, that is fine... but for competitive track racing....no way... that slight timing discrepency means slower acceleration and a non-competitive bike or car.... that to me, is the perfect analogy of vst.... and dance sequencing is the race track equivilent of car or bike racing

shit.. if only i could set the vst timing on the pc with a feeler guage and dial guage...heh.....

kilo

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 21 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)