aaa one time for all the cynics - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

24-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: one time for all the cynics

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 04-Dec-98  @  10:31 PM   -   one time for all the cynics

xoxos

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

for those that are new, i'd suggest catching up on some of the other threads to familiarize yourself with the points that have been previously made in this discussion. i doubt i will be able to resist responding to a comment or two, but i am not able to address the same points repeatedly.

how about we take this discussion into the concrete. i listened to the local hip hop station whilst i did the ironing today, and these are the tracks i heard. unfortunately, no one seems to play the cher track, so i still don't know what that's all about, but i can't imagine that it's really that awful, since several people mentioned that they enjoyed it.

first up. some song called 'touch it.' sleazy! sexy fun. especially appealing to budding sleazebags (little darlings that they are,) i should imagine. just a hint of tech to get that ivory tower thing going. the guy says something like 'jack knight and the corner house/all we want to do is make you bounce...' now what is mediocre about this track? this is quality sleaze fun. perfect, darkly seductive for the dark ones who need the darkness.

next track. puff daddy's 'i'll be missing you' obviously this is so incincere. he is a black rapper and obviously he has never encountered any form of grief in his life because his black rapper ego is immune to it. i secretly wish i was black. then my music wouldn't suck. i have now been absolutely sarcastic for one paragraph.

lovely track it was. for anyone feeling grief, it is highly accessible. what a friend.

next up. new track from will smith, the fresh prince, king of good clean healthy adolescent naughty fun. anyone out there remember his first album when it was new? what a great track! 'welcome to miami' perfect amount of 'pouty baby' in the vocals. irresistable. nice chorus! the lead is nicely aged. another excellent effort.

here's the clincher. pongoid, rarely does a day pass by when 'magick,' as you term it, does not touch my life. this next track was a true test of my tolerance for the pop vibe, just becaus ei especially tuned in to do this for you guys. i have never heard this track before; it must have been called 'tender love,' or something, and it was awful. i loved it. the producers obviously set out to write the cheesiest saccharine track they could. notice the repeated phrase, 'i surrender!' they even used this godawful cymbal crest break... like the worst lamest quiet storm track you could imagine.

i am dead serious here when i say the vibe was to test one's ability to simply enjoy the moment or break down and slag it. everything was set up to be as slaggable as possible. then the cheesy string pads come in. if you don't believe that music is written to produce such a reaction, then you have a lot to learn. it was a fun song. "i surrender!" ho ho ha ha! you simply have to laugh!

the next one went something like 'i never knew there was a love like this before/never had someone to show me a love like this...' the phrasing was a delight, lifting you up. anyone familiar with duke ellington's 'buffet flat?' how that part with the clarinets just takes you into the stratosphere? (for you young, young ones.. the tech was primitive.. but they still understood!) evocative old school guitar riff and simply delightful vocal harmonies. not stunning, but that would have been wrong for it. just.. pleasant!

okay fellers, i got my ironing done and then i had to run some errands. christmas traffic on a friday. almost every light i came to, i was stuck behind someone who just sat ther watching the vehicles from the opposite direction turn left without realizing that they are perfectly capable of merging into them since it's a three lane road.

so what could i do? get out of my car, walk ten cars up to them and pull them through their window and spank them? well that's a lot of spanking to do. i could have become really frustrated that i had to wait an extra four minutes at each light due to someone else's ineptitude. but i don't like being upset or unhappy, so i have learned not to promote that reaction.

now i have a 162 i.q., a large, dextrous and healthy body and whatever you think of me and my opinions, there will always be people in the world whose abilities are inferior to my own, and there will always be situations that are completely beyond my control. deciding to learn to accept this is perhaps the most intelligent thing i've ever done. you will probably decide that i am weak-spirited but the way i see life, there is a larger thing here to be understood. learning to "surrender" every now and then is, i believe, just the beginning.

may you have a 'magickal' day!

anyone else wish to 'cher?'

xoxos.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/23             09-Dec-98  @  03:10 PM   -   RE: one time for all the cynics

Link?:  No link

>>I thought he payed to have his skin tone lightened.

Whatever ... i dunno

>>In any case the guy has lost it, big styley.

For me, itīs not "big stylish" when he payed it.
He should tell the trouth then.

In the current state some lilī chlidren maybe can think:
"oh mom.. if i am also rich in future, do i or, have i to
become also white then ... i mean, like "the king" over there in TV ?"

Hey, anyway

We defently have a crazy case within this Person.

Message 22/23             09-Dec-98  @  03:32 PM   -   RE: one time for all the cynics

Richie

I think there may be some confusion here with the slang I used.

>>In any case the guy has lost it, big styley.

translation - anyway, michael jackson, he's gone strange , and very mutch.

Message 23/23             09-Dec-98  @  04:37 PM   -   RE: one time for all the cynics

>>he's gone strange , and very mutch.

yep

see you later,

Holger

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 23 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)