aaa The Music Business - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: The Music Business

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 17-Sep-98  @  10:42 PM   -   The Music Business

rouge

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I've just spoken to a guy who works in a studio earning £50 a week for doing ridiculous 24 hour shifts!!!
There are also so many other people around London playing gigs or working in studios for virtually nothing.... why is this business so fukkked up?
I want some cash NOW!!!
Fortunately, I don't work in this business, I just mess with it.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/25             22-Sep-98  @  12:23 PM   -   RE: The Music Business

Jock

Yeah but because I resigned I wouldnt be eligable to claim anything back for fucking ages. Anyway the pathetic amount the goverment shell out in benefits wont cover the 900 quid a month it costs me to run my house.

But if they were to give me back all the tax I've paid in the past 2 or 3 months I'd be laughing.

No I'm sorry but I'll have to make my crust from highly illegal and immoral activities. Hence freeing up much of my time for music.

Message 22/25             22-Sep-98  @  01:01 PM   -   RE: The Music Business

Richie

Fucking tell me about it.. I'm still paying off the poxy council rent I owe from two years ago.

But just try telling them it was their fault I ended up owing all that cash. B'stards.

I suppose tax free self enterprise is the way to go if you can avoid shit loads of people you've never seen in your life comeing round ya gaff and asking 'is Jock in, said it's ok to come round'..

Message 23/25             22-Sep-98  @  01:20 PM   -   RE: The Music Business

Jock

I always maintain that to achieve something worthwhile in life you need to do something radical. Throw yourself in the deep end as it were. You either sink or swim, but then its nice if someone is waiting around to throw you a life jacket if you need one.

Message 24/25             22-Sep-98  @  03:04 PM   -   RE: The Music Business

xoxos

Link?:  Link

spoken like a gentleman sir.

xoxos.

Message 25/25             23-Sep-98  @  02:25 AM   -   RE: The Music Business

xoxos

Link?:  Link

but i think you should find that lass and tell her how sorry you are for setting her face on fire like that..

xoxos.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 25 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)