aaa HHB Circle 5 Monitors - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: HHB Circle 5 Monitors

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 23-Jan-04  @  12:55 PM   -   HHB Circle 5 Monitors

Dingostema

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Any feedback would be uselful.

These passive monitors retail at about £450, I have been offered a pair s/h for £225 but whilst I have heard good things about them, I aint managed to listen for myself. Has anyone else heard/used them?

Cheers

Dingo

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/25             28-Jan-04  @  09:41 PM   -   RE: HHB Circle 5 Monitors

influx

oh oh..also...

KRK does have a new line of biamped.

RP5 and RP8

$499 retail for the 8

Message 22/25             29-Jan-04  @  05:42 PM   -   RE: HHB Circle 5 Monitors

Dingostema

well I cant find any info at all about those RP8's, even on KRK's site?

http://www.krksys.com

Dingo

Message 23/25             29-Jan-04  @  06:10 PM   -   RE: HHB Circle 5 Monitors

cydonia cell

Link?:  No link

I was generalizing, I know. 6" speakers have less bass repsonse than many electronic artists need. I was talking about the bad habit of not trusting your ears in a mix, which you can fall in to when you have to "tune" your senses to your cabinets. If the speaker doesn't respond to freq's below the 40's, then you're not hearing all of the bass, and that can lead to a muddy mix. The Bx8's have damned fine bass response... most 6" monitors don't...

That's what I meant.

e

Message 24/25             29-Jan-04  @  07:03 PM   -   RE: HHB Circle 5 Monitors

influx

E...

freq response on the BX8:

"37Hz - 20kHz "

and thats _on paper_ so...youre not hearing much below 40hz anyway

PLUS...anything below 30 is damn hard for even the largest most powerful systems to reproduce, especially with other shit going on on top. PLUS 40-50hz is some BASS still, and will still knock your constipation loose.

freq response on V6:
58-20hz _on paper_ but I know for a fact you can hear below 60hz on them

as for the RP series...the STs arent on the site either, are they? Oh, yeah..they are

dunno. insider info I guess? Theyre comin, I was told

Message 25/25             29-Jan-04  @  07:17 PM   -   RE: HHB Circle 5 Monitors

CydoniaCell

Link?: Link

wow... thanks... i stand corrected on the bx's... but i have noticed that under 40hz does come through, in the subs... and that's the part that muddies things. That's been my experience... but thanks for the info on the Bx's

e

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 25 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)