aaa Speaking of off-topic.. (don't kill me) - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Speaking of off-topic.. (don't kill me)

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 15-Sep-98  @  05:41 AM   -   Speaking of off-topic.. (don't kill me)

info hound

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I was just thinking how this site is really helpful and informative to both newbies and pros alike and...does anyone know of similar sites but dealing with other subject matters? I'm particularly interested in graphic design sites, photo/digital imaging etc. anyone in here?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/27             19-Sep-98  @  09:40 AM   -   RE: Speaking of off-topic.. (don't kill me)

Purple Haze

Stacks ? Double stacks ? Humbucker ? Marshall stack ? Pickup ? Combo job ?

You completely lost me now...

I sometimes want some guitar sounds when I'm working on something, but reading all this and then thinking you just can't feed it into your mixer but have to mike (mice ? mic ? it's too early I need coffee) it and reading all of the above.... makes me think again...

Maybe I should just find a good guitar player...

Message 22/27             19-Sep-98  @  12:10 PM   -   RE: Speaking of off-topic.. (don't kill me)

rouge

I've got a 1969 Fender Strat, a new Les Paul, a Takamine EN10C Acoustic, a Fender Twin Chorus Combo, a Marshall JCM900 Stack, blaa blaa blaa ............ .................. ..................... ...... ............. .................. ....................... .......... .............

Anyway, checkout FutureNet, all kinds of stuff and a real shit chat-room ..... Its got samplenet too (loads of free samples!)
http://www.futurenet.com/samplenet/

Message 23/27             20-Sep-98  @  02:55 AM   -   RE: Speaking of off-topic.. (don't kill me)

xoxos

Link?:  Link

on the original thread, which i just happened to glimpse.. the bryce 3d guy has an excellent links list for graphic stuff on his page - probably 100 sites, a couple of chats listed on 3d modeling. you can link to bryce at www.winfiles.com - just do a search for bryce.

xoxos.

Message 24/27             20-Sep-98  @  04:12 AM   -   RE: Speaking of off-topic.. (don't kill me)

Greenman

Charvel, w/ a Floyd Rose... ahhh, I miss my old baby. All this talk about 'twangin'... I was one of the original big hair metal heads.... sold that stuff many moons ago to make way for the beats... I like the use of guitar in Dance music... listen to the intro to BT's "Flaming June" ... beatutiful, slappy guitar piece...

Toured w/ Warrant, Trixter, Firehouse, Judas Priest, etc. as a pyrotech back in the '80s... on my birthday Warrant let me come up an' jam "Cherry Pie" in front of a stadium crowd. Best day of my life... didn't get a knobber that night tho'...

All of us guitarist should be havin' a real laff at the whole "real" vs. "DAT" issue goin' on in DanceLand (PLEASE, not that again!).

P.S. Where's Buggo? Did I miss some'ting?... haven't been around much myself...

Message 25/27             20-Sep-98  @  02:18 PM   -   RE: Speaking of off-topic.. (don't kill me)

xoxos

Link?:  Link

tastes so good, makes a grown man cry..

xoxos.

Message 26/27             20-Sep-98  @  09:11 PM   -   RE: Speaking of off-topic.. (don't kill me)

kilo

as to the above... i think you'll be waiting till hell freezes over....hard/ thrash metal etc will be around for ever..... most loyal fans on the planet... well, you gotta be... cos it's totally unfashionable.... heh heh.... as to the staying in tune squire... correct... but then the way i play, no notes are ever still.... much bending, vibrato etc... yes it's totally un-useable for clean chords..... actually, there's this one song we play/ed sometimes called Coffee.... which starts with a huge harmonic encrusted nosedive on a base A power chord, preceded by stacks of stringbending, neckshaking and general noisey stuff.... well, you can imagine what the opening proper chord sounds like !!..... les dawson on the axe.... still, at least i wasnt sad enuff to buy Guitar player and learn all the solo's ...... sad sad sad.... "hey !!... I can play eruption !!".... although there are a few interesting licks you can merge into your solo's in the stevie vai books..... as long as you adapt them...

Message 27/27             21-Sep-98  @  05:37 PM   -   RE: Speaking of off-topic.. (don't kill me)

99devils

If you like playing with the bar, Kilo, you simply must try a Steinberger. Especially one with a Trans-trem, which lets you wang around whole chords and they stay in tune! Of course one of those new will set you back more than that Supernova you probably sleep with ;-)

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 27 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)