aaa Building a new music PC. Comments a - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Building a new music PC. Comments a

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 01-Jan-04  @  07:09 PM   -   Building a new music PC. Comments a

jj

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Hey!

My friend is building a new music PC. I need comments and suggestions on this setup he have choosen:

Soundcard: M-AUDIO DELTA AUDIOPHILE 2496
Processor: AMD Athlon XP 3000+, 400 MHz fsb
Motherboard: Asus A7V600
Memory: 2*512 MB DDR PC3200
Harddrives: 2* Maxtor 120GB Plus9, 8MB cache
Graphic card: HIS ATi Radeon 9600
CPU Cooler: Slim Silent Pro
Chassi: Chieftec BX-02B-B-B
Chassi fan: 2* Papst 80mm (80x80x25x)
DVD burner: NEC DVD brännare multiDVD

What do you think of this setup? Please come with tips and suggestions.

//jj

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/27             06-Jan-04  @  02:03 PM   -   RE: Building a new music PC. Comments a

craig

Link?: Link

I do admit that a little extra research is required when building a PC rather than going out and buying a Mac you know will work. But lets face it, how hard is it to spend a couple hours online looking for people who have the sound card you're using and emailing them to ask what motherboard they have and what kind of problems they're having with it? Ditto doing some research on how well your prospective card works for people.

It's not rocket science, but it does take some legwork.

-Craig

Message 22/27             06-Jan-04  @  04:28 PM   -   RE: Building a new music PC. Comments a

psylichon

Macheads take pride in their shiny boxes that work with little hassle.

PC-heads take pride in their homemade boxes that cost less and work because they were made to work.

That's all there is to it... NEXT!

Message 23/27             07-Jan-04  @  09:19 AM   -   RE: Building a new music PC. Comments a

psylichon

oh one more thing.... Macworld? What's the big news? Garage Band...

"You don’t have to play the piano. You don’t have to read music. You don’t even have to have rhythm. If you know what you like when you hear it, you can make your own kind of music. With GarageBand."

Apple will save music. God bless them.

Message 24/27             07-Jan-04  @  01:50 PM   -   RE: Building a new music PC. Comments a

craig

Funny enough, my rock band friends are going gaga over Garage Band

Message 25/27             07-Jan-04  @  06:20 PM   -   RE: Building a new music PC. Comments a

PB

ahhhh must go mac now ;)

Message 26/27             10-Jan-04  @  08:18 AM   -   RE: Building a new music PC. Comments a

dfect

shit... that means i need to make some more support calls. i know that the physical slot position can make a difference, but for no good reason i've neglected to actually try that.

the first (and only) time i called Aardvark on my problems, the guy told me about the VIA 'problems' and pointed toward's George's site. that was...October? November maybe.

i've been avoiding my system issues for some time now, i think its high time to dig back in.

Message 27/27             14-Jan-04  @  10:45 PM   -   RE: Building a new music PC. Comments a

Purple Haze

I have an amd with a via kt333 (gigabyte) board. No problem with audio whatsoever. (using an m-audio delta 66)

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 27 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)