aaa Dt Compo Updated Votes - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Dt Compo Updated Votes

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 15-Oct-03  @  09:37 PM   -   Dt Compo Updated Votes

GrooveMonkey

Link?:  Link
File?:  File

ACFFC0.htm
Folks,

This is the latest version... If you want to vote for a track already on the list or if you want to make new submissions then please send them to...

dtvotes@yahoo.co.uk

So...come on... lets see some more votes and some new submissions please.

Cheers

G

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/28             20-Oct-03  @  09:53 AM   -   RE: Dt Compo Updated Votes

Maarten

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

hehe

Message 22/28             20-Oct-03  @  01:29 PM   -   RE: Dt Compo Updated Votes

Defector z

Link?:  No link

Sheesh - I just throw out a couple of names and all hell breaks loose!!! ;-)

Seriously though, I think keeping like music together. I'm not sure that I'd want a dark ambient track, then a trance track, then a tech step track. No flow, you know what I mean?

Message 23/28             20-Oct-03  @  01:34 PM   -   RE: Dt Compo Updated Votes

Defector z

Link?:  No link

By "4 on the floor type stuff", I had the many subgenres of trance in mind. Sorry.

Oh - and according to Ishkur (wink wink), I think a lot of the new stuff that I am doing falls in the "Step" genre. Is this correct?

Message 24/28             20-Oct-03  @  02:19 PM   -   RE: Dt Compo Updated Votes

milan

yeah, sounds just like the Steps!

Message 25/28             20-Oct-03  @  02:23 PM   -   RE: Dt Compo Updated Votes

Defector Z

Uh-oh - you you didn't!!!

Message 26/28             20-Oct-03  @  03:20 PM   -   RE: Dt Compo Updated Votes

milan

j/k dude... btw, we need a wink-wink emoticon ASAP!

Message 27/28             20-Oct-03  @  04:48 PM   -   RE: Dt Compo Updated Votes

queasy00

y'know.. i don't think you need to be so strict as to keep each cd to its own genre. But like you say, flow is important -- I think it can be better achieved by simply smartly placing the songs... a whole cd of trance (for example) might be tiring for some listeners but maybe trance, progression to house, progression to more chilled breaks, to hardcore breaks... or like... trance, to madder trance (like them posford joints) to one of 'em PB crazy things.. or martaan's distorted insanities. anyway, you get the idea.

As well, I like to think that DT is home to many artists who write great songs that don't necessarily fit into any specific genre.

-j

Message 28/28             20-Oct-03  @  06:53 PM   -   RE: Dt Compo Updated Votes

influx

yes, progression, and Darin...nothing Ive heard from you is "2-step" or that sort if you mean that, but then theres "tech step" type stuff but thats where it starts to get stupid

anyway...yeah....Im down with the mix em all together, but work on a FLOW (which would actually influence track selection as well)

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 28 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)