aaa i'se got me a emax - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: i'se got me a emax

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 07-Sep-98  @  05:58 AM   -   i'se got me a emax

buggo

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

damn, i'm really spending more than i'm earning...but in addition to the 1604 and tx81z i've just ordered an emax se/HD for $350!

oh goody.

(don't ask why i posted this. why not i say? eh??)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/29             11-Sep-98  @  07:22 PM   -   RE: i'se got me a emax

Influx

Link?:  Link

hey bug...no sweat on the library...theres all kinds of shit online...sound like that guys a little, uh, tight!!!! oh well, you still got youse a emax

Message 22/29             11-Sep-98  @  07:24 PM   -   RE: i'se got me a emax

Hilevelt

Influx, bring your disks by my house, we'll try them out on my drive.

Message 23/29             11-Sep-98  @  10:23 PM   -   RE: i'se got me a emax

buggo

yeh...well i hope he decides to include little extras like, say, the EMAX in the box when he sends it....he he...

i just got my cr1604 today. i love this fucker!!

Message 24/29             12-Sep-98  @  09:16 AM   -   RE: i'se got me a emax

influx

Well, bug....I think were gonna hafta jam some day...well, collaborate at least... i just got me a 100w yammy amp for dirt, and those monitors I told you about sound pretty damn good...not loud enough, but thats not the point sittin in my room....my dad says they just fine!!!

Sounds like youre set!!! get some tunes out now...youve got talent my friend.. I look forward to hearin what you got!!!
evabuddy else...locals...keep it up...lotsa knowledge floatin here...how bout some funk?!?

when I get somethin tight...then I can put up a demo so evabody can poke at me...Ill dig it!

Message 25/29             12-Sep-98  @  02:42 PM   -   RE: i'se got me a emax

xoxos

hey stateside folks.. any recs on monitors? kinda stuck between event's 20/20s and polk's rt7s. either way, all i want are a pair of close fields, and it would be cool to pay less than the $340 i'm currently looking at...

gracias,
xoxos.

Message 26/29             12-Sep-98  @  03:44 PM   -   RE: i'se got me a emax

buggo

yeah, we must jam my friend...all I need now is a sequencer...and I think that even with all my deficit spending I can manage to pull it off...

and as long as you're talking about funk, I've been remixing funk songs all weekend! (i taped the "old school hour" on the local rap station...) and I got some bad ass shit to play at that party (i found out it's like october 20-something...)

also, I managed to hook up with enough PA gear...my dad has some totally awesome 100W 12" speakers, they kick SOOO much ass...I was driving them off *4W* from my computer's soundcard and they rocked the goddamn house...plus I got a pair of 150W 15's (in one cabinet...it was a homemade bass amp) from a friend. I'm gonna use the EQ on the head as a crossover and only use it as a big subwoofer box, seeing as the midrange and uppers on them blow...but the bass bumps!!

So i'm stoked. That 1604 mixer is so excellent! plenty of ins, nice and quiet, you can monitor a tape or something on the phones w/o effecting house mix...basic stuff. There's a few things I don't like, like when you press solo it takes a split-second to kick in, so no dice with, say, just muting everything but the bass synth for a breakdown one bar...but oh well. Great mixer. And today, if i can manage, I'm going to pick up the emax.

(BTW sedusa: you said the emax was super-heavy? this guy shipped it 3-day groud freight, insured, for $20, so it can't weigh that much...)

Andthe guy who's shipping me the tx81z said it came to fucking $50!!! I can see NO earthly way it should come to this much $$$...fuck fuck fuck...at least he's splitting shipping with me...

Message 27/29             12-Sep-98  @  06:51 PM   -   RE: i'se got me a emax

Influx

Dude--my TX cost $10 to ship...that guys fuckin trippin!!! tell him you want to see a receipt for the shipping charges before you pay him anything!!!! that is pure bullshit man...dont let yourself get scammed. Ive heard of people doing that..."embellishing' the shipping so they can get more dough for their kit...fucking criminal I say...dont pay it bug! that would be, what, $150 for a TX? Fuck that...be patient and youll find one for $100 guaranteed! I think you otta refuse that one and find another! $50 my big white pimply asss!!!!

Message 28/29             13-Sep-98  @  04:27 AM   -   RE: i'se got me a emax

buggo

yeah, i have a feeling he's fuckin with me....if it gets to me and I decide I don't want it, for whatever reason, what do i do? just not pick it up at the p.o.?

i only ask because I could seriously use the money for something more useful (right now) than the tx81z, like a rack, for example...all my shit is just lying around all cluttered up!!

(my emax is here, i gotta go get it...he he yeah...)

anyway I've finally got all the stuff I need to gig with except for that rack and the q-80 (i've decided I want that rather than the mmt for a variety of reasons...) and that'll come to around $300...I'm trying to sell some shit of mine to cover it all, but dunno if it'll work...

i need some advice: if they tell me at my job that the only way I'm going to get paid for lookin after the crack babies is to take up a collection afterwards from all the moms, should I have quit? i can still work there, as they totally need someone to do it...and i may just do it until i pay off my emax...but I'm not sure whether to do it or not...help, someone??

but the most pressing consideration is what to do when the tx gets here if the shipping is outrageous, as i know it will be...what should I do???

one more thing...the emax, with its 8 note polyphony, will be ok for drums, but does that 8 note polyphony include the SE synthesis portion of it? if not, i'm set for a bass synth for a while...otherwise maybe not...tips anyone?

Message 29/29             13-Sep-98  @  07:58 AM   -   RE: i'se got me a emax

LFX

OK-as far as the TX goes, what you wanna do is ask the postman to tell you exactly how much shipping was (Im sure they can) then deduct that from the total cost which should not be more than the $125 you agreed on!!!! YOu are under no real obligation to buy that thing anymore, bug, cuz that fool is fuckin rippin you off!!! $50 is straight bullshit...I shipped a fucking MONOPOLY, which is pretty fuckin large...for $35 w/insurance, COD...everything!!!!

Regardless of all this...if you dont want it, go to the PO and tell them you want to refuse the package...Theyll send it back to the shipper and hes OUT!!! I wouldnt ordinarily suggest this cuz by agreeing to buy the thing (IMO) you are under obligation to come through on your end when the shit arrives...but this guy is obviously tryin to jerk ya!!!! FUCK IM!!! So just refuse the package...that way the PO wont keep buggin you to come get it.
If you think you want it tho, do what I said before...
besides, those babies are NOT hard to come by at all...I keep seein em all over!

as for the job...if you can still get what its worth to you...then do it, cuz youre helping those less fortunate...maybe you could even volunteer(?) and get a different job that pays? Its up to you, son!

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 29 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)