aaa www.analogjapan.com -safe to buy there? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

09-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: www.analogjapan.com -safe to buy there?

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             19-Oct-98  @  11:16 PM   -   www.analogjapan.com -safe to buy there?

mireyes

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi, I was curious if anyone has ever bought from this site. Their prices are in some cases 300 US dollars lower than the next lowest I could find on the net. They're selling the Roland XP80 for $1499 brand new. That is exactly what I am looking for. But I don't want to buy from someone I have no knowledge of. Does anyone out there know about the reliability of the business behind this site? Horror stories, happy customers?

Thanks,

Martin

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             20-Oct-98  @  07:07 PM   -   RE: www.analogjapan.com -safe to buy there?

horizens

i've heard that it's safe, and they have a list of references that you can call. i spoke with someone at rogue music i think. but... you'll need to get converters which i've been told can be noisy and perhaps unsafe. you have to prepay. you may have to pay additional import charges (customs). the warrenty on the gear is only good in japan, so you'll need to send it back to them if anything goes wrong. the manual is in japanese. um.... what else? the yen just dropped, so the price conversion is a little worse.

i almost got something from them, but it looks to be a lot of hassle. i don't know though, i've not heard anything from someone who's ordered from them...

hope this helps.

Message 3/3             20-Oct-98  @  11:59 PM   -   RE: www.analogjapan.com -safe to buy there?

Purple Haze

Some people on the jv mailinglist I'm on have ordered from them. All stuff seems to arrive without much hassle, only bigger packages will get 'noticed' by customs so you'll have to pay customs-import-tax whatever it's called.

Duh... just noticed something... I don't think the site they ordered from was analogjapan.com... I believe it was more like a soundonsound japanese branch or something (but I might be wrong... too fucking tired). I'll check it at work tomorrow... in any case they had the jv expansion cards at allmost half the price. Yummy!

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)