aaa Film Sountracks - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Film Sountracks

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             26-Sep-98  @  11:43 PM   -   I am God

rouge

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hate to upset the tech-heads but I love film sountracks .... have you heard the Godzilla sountrack CD - not the bands - the guy who especially writes film music.

Anyway, is there a sound module or something out there that isn't based on cheesy dance sounds but more focused on authentic strings, orchestras and ensembles - some of the TR-Rack sounds are nice and a possible consideration.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             27-Sep-98  @  12:42 AM   -   RE: Film Sountracks

kilo

Link?:  No link

best sellers.... kurzweil k series.. (you can upgrade 'em with an orchestral rom chip... JV1080/2080.. again you can get an orchestral baord..(both have lotsa film-y pads, fx, atmospheres too....... cheapie... emu proteus series... excellent orchestral plus synth, pads atmospheres stuff etc at a bargain bin s/h price....

Message 3/3             27-Sep-98  @  11:35 AM   -   RE: Film Sountracks

Sedusa

Link?:  Link

Personally, I'd take a Wavestation and a few of the Proteus modules if I was into scoring... I worked a lot with the Proteus and Wavestations while in school (they had a Pro One that everyone ignored.. WHY, GOD, WHY???? .... And at the Uni, they've got either a Moog 55 Or a Roland System 100 (Can't remember which, but both killer modular systems.........), and both of those series seem EXCELLENT units for film scoring.. I did a lot with those, trying to get 'em to sound synthetic, but they kept reminding me of great film scores and not the Industrial shit I was into at the time.. (Come to think of it, going to college was actually what got me into this.. Much as I rag on "higher education"..... 7 years ago, a professor said that "Project Studios" were going to be the promise of the future.. That dedicated individuals with a small amount of capital were going to be able to produce pieces of music of current studio quality, in the electronic realm (Not in the scope of multimillion dollar franchise vocalists and such, but Techno, Industrial, Musique Concrete', and the like..) .. And look where I am now... Championing this cause as the future and current reality of musical expression.. Anyway, I'm off on a rant.. The JV's are good, I'd like a wavestation anyway, and I can personally vouch for the Proteus modules as good scoring machines (The orchestral sounds on the Proteus/1 are brilliant, but who knows when you'll need the Proteus/World to get that cool vietnamese wind instrument noise (As used in numerous soundtracks and at least one of my favorite John B Drum and Bass tracks) and digeridoos?

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)