aaa inserts and pedals and shitballs oh my - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: inserts and pedals and shitballs oh my

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             27-Sep-98  @  05:11 AM   -   inserts and pedals and shitballs oh my

bug

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Ok...i mentioned it before and got no response...HOW IN DEE-HAIL DO I GET CHANNEL INSERTS TO WORK?

i know that they use trs jacks, and you get different results from inserting the plug to one click or two...but i've no clue how to use them with my guitar pedals, or whether i should.

the only reason it's problem is this: i had my delay pedal hooked up to aux send/return 1...ok, it works great...but when i record by using one of my aux sends connected to my sound card, sounds come out un-effected...that is if i hear delay, it doesn't come across in the recording because it doesn't send the effected signal to the other aux sends. so how do i do this? i can't use the main outs because i usually overdub a lead part on my synth, and i want to record ONLY the synth, not the output of Making Waves...but I do want to be able to HEAR the MW output. Aux sends work great for this purpose but not if i can't get an effected signal through there...as it is now i have to repatch, and run my synth's output straight through the delay pedal (and of course have to change all the delay parameters around) to record a sound with FX. any tips?

also how can i get a stereo output from my cr1604 (the old one) to go both to my monitors and to my sound card? would a simple line splitter do it or is there some kind of secret output i should know about. (the old one doesn't have the RCA tape outs...how sad.)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             27-Sep-98  @  06:24 PM   -   RE: inserts and pedals and shitballs oh my

kilo

Link?:  No link

all ya gotta do is take a stereo plus... and wire it to 2 mono ones.... check which is the send & return on the stereo one... either tip or ring...... then send it into your pedal....

Message 3/3             28-Sep-98  @  05:18 PM   -   RE: inserts and pedals and shitballs oh my

nomad

Link?:  Link

doesn't the cr1604 have tape outs?

anyway you can do this without inserts if you return
back to a regular channel i.e. not through the aux
return. so send on aux send 1, return on, say channel 1.
then you can turn up the aux send for the soundcard,
on that channel. you can also do cool feedback effects
by sending the return from the delay back to the delay..
lots of fun.

if you're using the cr1604's tape outs for tape,
you can use the tape outs to send to the soundcard,
it will go through while recording. also, if you're
too cheap for an amp and are using like a home stereo,
they usually have more than one tape out, you can use
one for tape and the other to the soundcard (or sampler,
or whatever). a patchbay might help too. mine has a
tape out to tape, and one to the VCR...that one works...

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)