aaa akai s3000- What do Ya All know Bout it?? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: akai s3000- What do Ya All know Bout it??

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             15-Sep-98  @  05:50 PM   -   akai s3000- What do Ya All know Bout it??

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Greets,

My friends got an Akai S3000xl for sale maxed out with the effects card. He wants to know what a fair price is for this piece for him to sell. He also asked if I was interested and could make him an offer.

1) What is the honest second hand value of this piece of gear?

2) What are some of your opinions about it?

3) I'm interested in a sampler, would you all recommend it?

Thanks for the nfo.

-Chad Mitchell-

If any of you are in the Bay area, check out the party I'm hosting this Saturday the 19'th. All you need to know is on our web site at www.thehipster.com

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             15-Sep-98  @  08:07 PM   -   RE: akai s3000- What do Ya All know Bout it??

rouge

What I know is that he'll probably lose money on it because its halfed its price - its now £899 UK for a brand-new bog standard one. Apart from that its very basic unless he's put the FX board on it but it does have a sine wave function on it and every studio in the world seems to have one.

I too am having this dilemna - AkaiS3000 or YamahaA3000 - theres tons of the Akai's going second hand which tends to make out they're not that popular and none aof the Yamahas second hand (but they're fairly new so this may explain why!)

Message 3/3             15-Sep-98  @  10:55 PM   -   RE: akai s3000- What do Ya All know Bout it??

Purple Haze

I guess a lot of people who one own want(ed) to sell it before the price crash. The effects board sure as hell is very nice (maybe not for reverb), and it's got 8 mono outs + 1 stereo out.
With the effect board you can do things like make a drumkit and have different fx sends for every sound in the drumkit (probably logical, but it somehow impressed me, I like putting flanging or distortion on my drum sounds).

The s3000xl is able to work together with mesa, the pc/mac editor. Unfortunately I read so much about it's the program's buggyness on the akai mailing list that I haven't even bothered to install it yet.

What I noticed about it when comparing it with an esi32 is that it seemed to sound clearer/brighter in the higher frequencies compared to the esi, which seemed to do better with bassy, deeper sounds.

Blah, hope you were able to understand me... I've got this terrible cold...

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)