aaa Question on Sound Quality of Song - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Question on Sound Quality of Song

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             05-Sep-98  @  06:56 PM   -   Question on Sound Quality of Song

djoskar

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I created a jungle track(6 loops) and I want to make sure that the sound quality is near to perfect. When I play all 6 loops all at once on the track, the sound coming out from my speakers has some distortion/static to it. It could be my speakers producing that noise but I highly doubt it. It could be the soundcard, but I never had a sound quality problem when I play other tracks. Maybe all the loops being played at once is causing that noise. I want to use all of them however. How can I go about making the sound clear without distortion. Is there a software that can check to make sure there is no distortion, clicks, static, etc. that is compatible with Sonic Foundry. I have ACID and Soundforge XP4.0, and TB Pinnacle Project Studio card. Thanks!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             06-Sep-98  @  12:06 AM   -   RE: Question on Sound Quality of Song

Sphinx

Do all the loops sound clean in isolation? If so it could well be that you need to thin some of the loops with some eq - alot of heavy kicks bangin in the same spot could be causing it. What do you monitor on?

Message 3/3             06-Sep-98  @  12:26 PM   -   RE: Question on Sound Quality of Song

Seems to me your overloading your program (acid was it?) try taking down the volume level of all the loops to about 75%, and see if this doesn't sound better...

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)