aaa Analog Simulator plug-ins ... BEST one ? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Analog Simulator plug-ins ... BEST one ?

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             12-Aug-98  @  05:18 AM   -   Analog Simulator plug-ins ... BEST one ?

csoldano

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'm really starting to feel like Stereolab a bit
lately with digital audio(New to me) sometimes cutting up my ears(my clean Mackie mixer probally doesn't help), what analog PC plug-in offers the best true-like sound and real warmth ? I've heard of Wavewarm and Magneto so far, any others?
How about recording to tape(488 portastudio) using all tracks, then to hard disk or does this make any sense at all? Please help

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             12-Aug-98  @  12:07 PM   -   RE: Analog Simulator plug-ins ... BEST one ?

Richie

Don't worry about what you do or how you do it, the main thing is the end result. Try all the things you mentioned and compare them with each other and cd's etc. Get the 488 cleaned and the heads alligned, buy a good quality tape (less chance of drop outs), You'll be suprised at the natural sounding compression you can get out of something like this.
Just to fortify that statement a mate of mine had a record released that was purely mastered onto a 488. (Don't sound too bad either).

Richie

Message 3/3             14-Aug-98  @  02:33 PM   -   RE: Analog Simulator plug-ins ... BEST one ?

csoldano

Yeah, thats true, you can make some good masters from the
488, I have already done that and mastered that eventually
to CD. But Now that I have a computer based setup and a CD
burner I want do get the tracks eventually to Hard Disk
to burn CD. I have someone interested in buying my 488 so
I was really hoping to get some feedback on the plug-ins
(Analog sims) and see if they could do the trick effectivley.

Another consideration, I will need a MIDI Tape Syncronizer
in order to really use the Tascam with my computer, if I
keep the thing I gotta hunt one down. Help, thanx

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)