aaa audio tracks and hard diskS...solution? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: audio tracks and hard diskS...solution?

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             14-Aug-98  @  09:47 AM   -   audio tracks and hard diskS...solution?

Fingers

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

before I go and buy another hard disk...

if I have a track on cakewalk or whatever...would spreading the tracks over two or more hard disks give me better playback performance...assuming no fx from the software??????

or is it more to do with busses and the programs buffers????

I ask you...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             14-Aug-98  @  01:07 PM   -   RE: audio tracks and hard diskS...solution?

kilo

i tried taht..... not as a performance thing... just curiousity... but it worked... mate... why not get a scsi card & a 9.1 UW scsi drive now is like 350 quid plus vat.... if you had a busmaster audio card, it'd add something to the performance... but the motherboard would have to support busmastering devices.....some of the boards need a s/w driver fix... and it can be a fuck up.....

Message 3/3             14-Aug-98  @  03:31 PM   -   RE: audio tracks and hard diskS...solution?

yeah and write one of the stereo wav files (eq'd and effected etc already i.e. a submix) to cd and play that off the cd-rom (can do it in Multiquence)...hmmm NICE!...heheh I love this stuff...heheh..budget approaches to musical bliss heheh...

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)