aaa Exclusive SoundBlaster L:ive Preview - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Exclusive SoundBlaster L:ive Preview

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             06-Aug-98  @  10:24 AM   -   Exclusive SoundBlaster L:ive Preview

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Ok so working for a Creative Labs distributor can have it's benefits. The Company flies me to Singapore for a one day product course on the Sound Blaster Live.

Creative have an impresive setup they do. Unfortunatley I cannot give you all the details on the card yet and all that was discussed, yet I'm sure many of you would love to know more about this Card.

The official launch is on the 6 of August. It will be available from the miidle of August,.,hopefuly.

Details can be found at www.sblive.com

Anyways, I returned home with my new toy ripped out my Terratec EWS64 XL with it's incomplete Sample Editor and wishful ASIO drivers, and stuck the Live and it's "extension" card into an open PCI slot loaded the drivers and apps as well as the extra cool software that came with it, like Mixman Studio, SoundForge 4.0XP and Cakewalk 6.0 Express Gold.

The emphasis with this card is the "ENVIROMENTAL AUDIO" To achieve EA you need a very high quality effects engine and that is what the EMU10K1 does. It presently offers four simualtanious high quality effects, these are all routable and any sound source i.e. a mic a can have realtime effects. The EA pressets even include a Darth Vader Preset and a Chipmunk Preset. An EA preset consists of the following setup, up to four effects and their preset or user defined parameters with the ammount master of wet/dry mix on each affect in % value and the wet/dry mix on the source that you want to to effect. The effects can be routed into each other so you can have serial or parralel routing. The EA preset also contains the setup info for the "Speaker Configration" menu. this is where you define 4 speaker, 2 speaker or headphone usage and you can select say a digital CD audio input and place anywhere you want within the "3D" space you want it to be....cool

SoundFonts now sound Bigger, Fatter and Smother than ever before. You can hear this a faster chip as well. Even the this hardcore sample freak found himself plonking away with some of the presets from the 8MB GM/GS set.,., As for Sampling ,,.. the SoundFont Editor is not out yet so I made good use of AWAVE and liked what i heard .,., all expcept for the filters.,., to silky for me, I think the Terratec EWS64XL packs more punch here though the EWS64 XL still has many problems of it's own.

The biggest shock was using it with Wavelab 2.0 and some DirectX plugs,. I would get a terrable breaking up of the audio and this on a Pentium II 400Mhz, ASUS 100Mhz Motherboard and 128MB SDRAM...., I have a feeling it's got something to do with DirectX! Creative will receive a copy of this so lets hope they fix it soon. Other than that it's a quite card, not as quiet as the Event Gina with it's breakout box. But then it has loads more goodies.,.,.,

.,.,WATCH THIS SPACE.,.,

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             06-Aug-98  @  10:37 AM   -   Exclusive SoundBlaster L:ive Preview

Ok so working for a Creative Labs distributor can have it's benefits. The Company flies me to Singapore for a one day product course on the Sound Blaster Live.

Creative have an impresive setup they do. Unfortunatley I cannot give you all the details on the card yet and all that was discussed, yet I'm sure many of you would love to know more about this Card.

The official launch is on the 6 of August. It will be available from the miidle of August,.,hopefuly.

Details can be found at www.sblive.com

Anyways, I returned home with my new toy ripped out my Terratec EWS64 XL with it's incomplete Sample Editor and wishful ASIO drivers, and stuck the Live and it's "extension" card into an open PCI slot loaded the drivers and apps as well as the extra cool software that came with it, like Mixman Studio, SoundForge 4.0XP and Cakewalk 6.0 Express Gold.

The emphasis with this card is the "ENVIROMENTAL AUDIO" To achieve EA you need a very high quality effects engine and that is what the EMU10K1 does. It presently offers four simualtanious high quality effects, these are all routable and any sound source i.e. a mic a can have realtime effects. The EA pressets even include a Darth Vader Preset and a Chipmunk Preset. An EA preset consists of the following setup, up to four effects and their preset or user defined parameters with the ammount master of wet/dry mix on each affect in % value and the wet/dry mix on the source that you want to to effect. The effects can be routed into each other so you can have serial or parralel routing. The EA preset also contains the setup info for the "Speaker Configration" menu. this is where you define 4 speaker, 2 speaker or headphone usage and you can select say a digital CD audio input and place anywhere you want within the "3D" space you want it to be....cool

SoundFonts now sound Bigger, Fatter and Smother than ever before. You can hear this a faster chip as well. Even the this hardcore sample freak found himself plonking away with some of the presets from the 8MB GM/GS set.,., As for Sampling ,,.. the SoundFont Editor is not out yet so I made good use of AWAVE and liked what i heard .,., all expcept for the filters.,., to silky for me, I think the Terratec EWS64XL packs more punch here though the EWS64 XL still has many problems of it's own.

The biggest shock was using it with Wavelab 2.0 and some DirectX plugs,. I would get a terrable breaking up of the audio and this on a Pentium II 400Mhz, ASUS 100Mhz Motherboard and 128MB SDRAM...., I have a feeling it's got something to do with DirectX! Creative will receive a copy of this so lets hope they fix it soon. Other than that it's a quite card, not as quiet as the Event Gina with it's breakout box. But then it has loads more goodies.,.,.,

.,.,WATCH THIS SPACE.,.,

Message 3/3             06-Aug-98  @  12:29 PM   -   RE: Exclusive SoundBlaster L:ive Preview

kilo

yes... we noted the post already last night... please dont keep spamming the pages with it....cheers

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)