aaa Drum Samples - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Drum Samples

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             11-Feb-04  @  02:25 AM   -   Drum Samples

P.Antony

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I was wondering what programs or way you go about creating you own drum samples.
I like the feel and versatility of the Roland Handsonic. But its quite expensive. The MPCs are nice but id have to purchase one of those and the drum software for it. The fact that each individual pad triggers a different sound kind of broadens my creativity rather than sequencing on a straight 16 bar sequencer. Anyone like to create samples like this and what do you recommend?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             11-Feb-04  @  07:37 AM   -   RE: Drum Samples

mcc>

Link?: Link

i like having a variety of options as it lets your sound vary and also how you go about making your beats.

i still adore rebirth. for the money there's nothing better that i know of.
the redrum machine in reason is totally awesome. these are software..sure...but you can easily create patterns to export into a sequencer if you want or link via rewire.
as for hard-machines....
the good ones start to get costly. i have 2 r-8s i'm having difficulty parting with even though i haven't used them in ages.

various synths from korg e-mu roland yamaha access...all have good drum sounds in them. the mpc is no doubt a champion in this domain.
i'm liking the drum-kits in the e-mu vintage pro right now.

the newer little roland boxes 660 220 770....the list goes on.
just grab something you can afford and start beating it.

Message 3/3             11-Feb-04  @  08:42 AM   -   RE: Drum Samples

k

Link?:  Link

stomper!!!!! - that's a great one for analog drum sounds, hitting stuff and recording it is another

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)