aaa internet radio - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: internet radio

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             18-Sep-03  @  03:20 PM   -   internet radio

soulsurvivor

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

had a requested recently to help set-up a small scale internet radio station. Gonna recommend a decent soundcard for them and get their decks wired up to their pc but havent got a foggiest about how the software works and what sort of cost are involved. Anyone had any experience doing anything like this?

Im presuming Real Audio Server is the best bet for software but do you need a hefty chunk of bandwidth to upload all that content? Any ideas how the copyright issues are dealt with?

By the way, just got back from Croatia, had an absolute mental time over there- that place is amazing, nothing like i was expecting. Anyone fancy a cheap holiday in a clean, gorgeous country with the cleanest sea in the med and the fittest women ive ever seen get your arse over their before us brits ruin it....

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             18-Sep-03  @  07:55 PM   -   RE: internet radio

milan

Link?: Link

mm... back when i was interested in webcasting Real encoder/server really was best for realtime content creation and distribution. but i remember seeing some very simple realtime mp3 encoding proggies that ran on a weak pc running linux, and ith no problems. cant remember what the name was tho  

only catch there is, is that you'll need as much bandwidth as you have streams. something like (bandwidth of the signal) times (number of listeners), which can quickly amount to a lot if you're dealing with good quality streams. thats for unicast version (where everything is handled by one server). other option is multicast, where the load is distributed to many servers which duplicate the stream. thats usually too expensive unless you are planning on making some serious money, or have buddies running servers ;)

also, if you want to inform yourself about webcasting i'd suggest www.streamingmedia.com, which is a bit large and all about the money nowadays, but you can still find lots of tutorials and a zillion links.

thats about all which comes to mind right now, hope its of some help.

regards, m.

Message 3/3             20-Sep-03  @  01:26 PM   -   RE: internet radio

k

Link?:  No link

you really need a distributor like live365 to distribute the stream which you send to one point. You'll be charged for max concurrent connections (simultaneous listeners) - the lower the bandwidth the more you'll get for your buck - live365 charges now i think but it'll not much but they dont allow deep linking unless you do a proper biz deal costing alotta dollahs

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)