aaa adjusting a microphone stand - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: adjusting a microphone stand

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 11-Sep-04  @  05:30 PM   -   adjusting a microphone stand

Anders Klitgaard

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

I have just received the microphone stand I have ordered from Thomann, K&M 25905 (see link). This is my first microphone stand! I really like it. However, something puzzles me. I have adjusted it in every way, and tightened the screws. Still however, one can freely move it in one joint, namely where the boom meets the (vertical) stand. Is this supposed to be the case? I would have thought you should be able to adjust it so that it wouldn't budge unless you unlocked the screws.
Thank you
Anders

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/30             14-Sep-04  @  08:19 PM   -   RE: adjusting a microphone stand

milan

Link?: Link

YES THATS HOW IT IS ON ALL MIC STANDS AND WHAT I SAID TWO TIMES ALREADY!

does that sort it out? i deal with mic stands every day and they all do that, thats just how they are sheesh...

Message 22/30             14-Sep-04  @  08:20 PM   -   RE: adjusting a microphone stand

milan

and influx.... seen anybody else asking tech questions around here lately?

Message 23/30             14-Sep-04  @  08:38 PM   -   RE: adjusting a microphone stand

psylichon

hate to muck things up even more, but i believe those are the same stands we have at the studio I work at, and they tighten no matter the extension. [shrug]

Message 24/30             14-Sep-04  @  08:46 PM   -   RE: adjusting a microphone stand

Anders Klitgaard

Well, now that I have stretched it a little, I am able to tighten it, so that it doesn't move. This is what I really wanted. Thanks for your help, guys!
Anders
PS: I bought an SM57 to go with it, a mic I first learnt about in this forum, I am really learning a lot here. But I guess you can tell…

Message 25/30             15-Sep-04  @  12:49 AM   -   RE: adjusting a microphone stand

Zazza

Link?:  No link

i think i'm going to cry...

Message 26/30             15-Sep-04  @  07:34 AM   -   RE: adjusting a microphone stand

k

aha - yes, probably if the stand is lowered to its lowest position the collar might not grip - but raise it just an inch and it will tighten ok as you've discovered

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 27/30             15-Sep-04  @  07:36 AM   -   RE: adjusting a microphone stand

k

and that's cos at the top of the vertical pole, just the last inch, it tapers in very slightly to facilitate the joint with the screw cap, and the collar cant tighten properly around that slightly thinner tapered bit.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 28/30             15-Sep-04  @  02:29 PM   -   RE: adjusting a microphone stand

Anders Klitgaard

Thanks, K, you're a good mate!

Message 29/30             15-Sep-04  @  05:35 PM   -   RE: adjusting a microphone stand

k

ah!... it's your round then!!

Message 30/30             15-Sep-04  @  06:30 PM   -   RE: adjusting a microphone stand

Anders Klitgaard

Indeed! Cheers!

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 30 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)