aaa EVENT - BEWARE - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: EVENT - BEWARE

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 22-Sep-98  @  07:08 PM   -   EVENT - BEWARE

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

When asking about the ASIO drivers for the GINA, which Ive been waiting for over 4 months, event said that if people stopped bothering them theyd be out sooner. In June, they promised me the drivers in JULY or AUGUST.

Yet another story of promises of support that doesnt appear.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/31             28-Sep-98  @  09:53 AM   -   RE: EVENT - BEWARE

melon

As I said, the Event hardware is good, and the sound is outstanding for the price. My previous comments, were a bit verbose due to the fact that I had spent a very frustrating night with Gina, lots of crashes, lots of inspiration gone, hardly any sleep etc. I've chilled a bit now, after having reinstalled 3.0.5. Another worry still exists, however. One day, PC main boards will have a standard PCI bus freq. of 100MHz. I believe Gina, and the other Event cards can only cope with 66MHz. What happens when Event owners want to upgrade? (Is this the case with other sound cards?)

Message 22/31             28-Sep-98  @  10:06 AM   -   RE: EVENT - BEWARE

Sedusa

Link?:  Link

I'm running a 100mhz buss with a Gina, and it works perfectly fine.. No worries, mate  

Message 23/31             28-Sep-98  @  10:28 AM   -   RE: EVENT - BEWARE

kilo

well that is weird, cos they said it apparently....

Message 24/31             28-Sep-98  @  10:41 AM   -   RE: EVENT - BEWARE

Sedusa

Well, maybe shit's just workin out for me... And I'm a lucky bastard.. but it works fine on my system  

Message 25/31             28-Sep-98  @  10:42 AM   -   RE: EVENT - BEWARE

melon

I've just mailed Event about the 100MHz query. When they reply I'll post the answer here. Hope your Gina doesn't burn up on re-entry, Sedusa.

Message 26/31             28-Sep-98  @  05:00 PM   -   RE: EVENT - BEWARE

Swedish guy

Actually, "gift" means "married", not "marriage".

Message 27/31             29-Sep-98  @  12:08 PM   -   RE: EVENT - BEWARE

melon

Sedusa, I would like to know what type of mainboard you are using (manufacturer, chip set).

Message 28/31             29-Sep-98  @  02:42 PM   -   RE: EVENT - BEWARE

xoxos

you lot - does gift mean 'married' or whatever in swedish, german, sanskrit or babylonian?

i just like to konw these things  

oh and hilevelt. i know i haven't been here long enough to know what was going on. still think my advice is pertinent. reacting personally to things which aren't hurts. good advice.

xoxos.

Message 29/31             29-Sep-98  @  03:16 PM   -   RE: EVENT - BEWARE

Hilevelt

uh, xoxos, are you referring to the censorship thread? Thanks but no thanks on that advice; if my own family was having personal difficulties about which you understood only shallowly, I would not be receptive to any 'words of wisdom' you might have to offer.

This is not a personal thing, you seem like a great guy, but you took some of AC's comments too out of context, and I believe that some of what she had to say should be regarded seriously, despite the piles of crap you might have to dig through to get there. You and buggo seemed a little to eager to take sides, which is unfortunately what happened before: both AC AND Kilo each gathered troops on their sides, and they BOTH made a point to openly attack those that did not take their sides. Whatever, I don't come to DT for a soap opera, no hard feelings between us, o.k.?

BTW, gift is both swedish and norwegian, and probably danish as well. Most of us on this site speak some Tutonic derivative, but of them the scandinavian are the closest alike.

Message 30/31             29-Sep-98  @  04:36 PM   -   RE: EVENT - BEWARE

nomad

gift means poison in german  

anyway current PC boards run the PCI bus at 33 Mhz.
this has nothing to do with the PROCESSOR bus,
which runs usually at 66 or 100. they are supposed
to be separate busses. the PCI bus is only spec'd
to 66 mhz, it currently isn't planned to go any
higher....... you might have problems at something
other than 66 or 100 though....

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 31 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)