aaa The never never..... - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: The never never.....

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 03-Jan-04  @  04:44 PM   -   The never never.....

BluStudio

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

how many of you guys are ticked to the eyeballs then?

just been looking at G5's running 002R's and can take one home with a years interest free buy now pay next year thang.......

never took anything on credit studio wise but shit , this is tempting i shouldnt even have went to look - my poor g4 400/001 sitting here still trying to look all shiny.

blu

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/32             05-Jan-04  @  06:00 PM   -   RE: The never never.....

Boo

Link?:  Link

Congrats, guy!  

'Keynote' is the big announcement that comes every year from Apple. It's pretty much the center of the Mac-obsessed people's world - This is a big stage show where Jobs and co unveil and demonstrate a bunch of new software/hardware to the public and it's usually pretty amazing stuff.

The next one is (Looks at website), shite, it actually starts today!!! How did I forget that? Maybe they're going to unveil the G5 powerbooks or something??

(Or the new G6 that costs only $500) ;)

I woulda waited if I was you.

Message 22/32             06-Jan-04  @  12:16 AM   -   RE: The never never.....

mcc>

Link?: Link

well....now you done it.

come out and say hi once in awhile between calling tech support and getting her configured.

i have an m-audio 8x8 which is has it's top off and screws neatly aside which i'm ready to toss out the window as the replacement chips they sent me....which seemed strangely-ready for shipment btw>>> haven't done a thing to fix my midisport. now none of the lights do hardly anything whereas last week they just all went flashing like mad. i mean at least give me my silly lights.

well.....keep that big candle ready blu>and have fun!

you're gonna save the g4 for rice-recipes...yes?

Message 23/32             06-Jan-04  @  12:37 AM     Edit: 06-Jan-04  |  12:38 AM   -   RE: The never never.....

BluStudio

yeh will be watchin that keynote thang but still a happy man here

dunno what ill do with the G4 yet clay~

was gonna sell it and put the 001 in the PC, but in all honesty Its a crime to split this G4/001 set-up, honestly~ its been as close to 3yrs worth of perfect computer recording/seq as i could have hoped for

mebbe ill keep it 'encase' but in all probability it will prolly be in supermart ad's paper within a few weeks as a bundle for some lucky punter looking to get into this malarky!

blu

Message 24/32             06-Jan-04  @  05:22 AM   -   RE: The never never.....

Optofonik - AKA, mick, rhyze, etc.

Clay, what chip? I've been using two 8x8 interfaces for some time now. Is there something on the horizon getting ready rear its ugly head without warning?

Message 25/32             06-Jan-04  @  06:10 AM   -   RE: The never never.....

mcc>

mick....if no ugliness has reared it's head yet... you're clear.
mine was giving me troubles from day-one> after using my opcode 128x trouble-free for nearly ten years. god bless em & rip.
this has bummed me as it's left me without a viable midi-studio for goiung on 2 weeks now......though i'm not without means to make music.
i could reasonably say that i am now a true reason fanatic.

we're discussing whether m-audio sends me a new unit or does audiomidi.
honestly...and they both know this....i want the one with the new face-plate.
the one lying here is butt-ugly....especially since it don't work.

Message 26/32             06-Jan-04  @  03:37 PM   -   RE: The never never.....

Optofonik - AKA, mick, rhyze, etc.

Truly sorry to hear that. The 8x8 has been much less trouble for me than my old MOTU 6x6. If you can get it sorted and get the bad taste out I think you'll end up a happy camper with it.

Message 27/32             06-Jan-04  @  05:20 PM   -   RE: The never never.....

mcc>

thanks for the encouragement mick.
one way or another....i intend to be happy!

Message 28/32             06-Jan-04  @  05:54 PM   -   RE: The never never.....

milan

Blu... are you getting a 002 or 002R in the end? i envy you if its the former, you biach

Message 29/32             06-Jan-04  @  07:31 PM   -   RE: The never never.....

BluStudio

Opted for the 002 rack in the end mate- was very close to the 002 control, actually very very close, but reckon the rack will do me nice for what im up to at the mo, gonna have me a coupla gig of RAM thrown into the G5 and some purty Waves native Rtas Plugs instead

blu

Message 30/32             06-Jan-04  @  09:42 PM   -   RE: The never never.....

craig

Never buy a computer on an extended credit arrangement - say more than 1 year. You're virtually guaranteeing that you'll still have to pay for it after it goes out of date.

-Craig

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 32 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)