aaa bass guitar - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: bass guitar

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 23-Sep-98  @  07:53 PM   -   bass guitar

rouge

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Is there anything to get some decent bizarre and deep sounds out of my old bass guitar?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/33             28-Sep-98  @  07:38 AM   -   RE: bass guitar

buggo

ummm...doesn't "the wall" sync up perfectly to the last hour or so of "alice in wonderland"? i heard something like that from fletcher, this permafried guy i hang out with sometimes...maybe it just SEEMS like that when you're fried...who knows??

Message 22/33             28-Sep-98  @  08:34 AM   -   RE: bass guitar

Sedusa

Link?:  Link

No, buggo, you've got your urban myths mixed up.. It's Pink Floyd's "The Wall" synced up with "The Wizard of Oz".... Hehe... Never tried it tho.. I never liked Pink Floyd.. the only song I ever liked by them was "Money", because of the bassline (Relevant, no?) and the odd meter... But anyways, I think there's supposed to be some trick to syncing it.. Many many druggies have explained this to me, but I don't remember it.. Personally, I think that marijuana is one of the most disgusting drugs in the world... It sits even higher than 2 Actifeds or DayQuil in gross drug highs.... Marijuana, at one point, became the most disgusting feeling I could ever imagine... Actually, my total nightmare is to die stoned.... To leave the world of the living whilst high on pot.... Of course, maybe it's because I graduated to heaviuer drugs, and marijuana became a lo core drug to me  

Message 23/33             28-Sep-98  @  04:50 PM   -   RE: bass guitar

99devils

Close, actually it's Dark Side of the Moon and Wizard of Oz.

-Craig

Message 24/33             29-Sep-98  @  01:18 AM   -   RE: bass guitar

buggo

actually i've noticed that lately...weed doesn't feel so hot unless i'm in the right situation...

but a few weeks ago i got my wisdom teeth out and got a shitload of vicodin for it...what an excellent high! best feeling i could imagine...dreamy and pleasant, but not falling-asleep pleasant...but now i'm all out. fuck.

Message 25/33             29-Sep-98  @  01:56 AM   -   RE: bass guitar

decade

and i'll bet that situation is where you smoke it most.. GET OUT!
my favourite high: 3 tabs double dipped windowpane. hit the pipe all day long. now here's the tricky part. ether - not the bottle kind; too easy to spill. the kind in the aerosol cans. don't spray it directly into your mouth, because it will freeze your tongue off. cut the bottom off a paper cup and spray it onto the inside of the cup. now before everythnig starts to go BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP stuff a vial of amyl nitrate up your nose and inhale. fall down. try not to look at or notice anything.

and i mean 'every thnig.'
do it in the water. you will not live.

- one decade.
miss her, yes.

Message 26/33             29-Sep-98  @  04:17 AM   -   RE: bass guitar

buggo

rouge! perhaps, as a doctor, you can tell me whether or not there's any truth to the all the acid-permafry stories i hear? like "yeah, i know this guy who did it only once and he's in a mental hospital" and the like.

if so, does the same shit happen with mushrooms?

Message 27/33             29-Sep-98  @  12:09 PM   -   RE: bass guitar

Sedusa

Hehe, yeah, I was drinking the other night   You
're right it's Dark Side Of The Moon (And money syncs up with Emerald City or something...) Buggo, I don't know anyone who's been "Permafried", but I do know plenty of ex acid heads who turned permantly lame and over spacy ... Not like me! HAha!!

Message 28/33             29-Sep-98  @  12:54 PM   -   RE: bass guitar

Richie

There is a guy I know from the all-nighter scene who seems a bit flipped out from doing too mutch acid, (coincidently he is also a bass player or ex? so there is some relevance to the thread).. Four months ago he was running for local election for the green party in Coventry.. I mean, this is aguy who wears a full bear suit at Atomic Jam.. He used to be in some big goth band.. can't remember the name tho (they supported Loop many moons ago on a tour). Remember Loop,.. that was one Acid fucked band was it not.. F**ckin excelent drummer tho,, the guy could hold a groove all night without feeling the need to go one some rock crazed freestyle shit.

Message 29/33             29-Sep-98  @  02:49 PM   -   RE: bass guitar

xoxos

i remember loop...

what? 400 isn't a bloody nuff?

xoxos.

Message 30/33             29-Sep-98  @  02:49 PM   -   RE: bass guitar

skul

sorry, but that shit about acid staying in your body for 14 years is a myth. truth is, it's all metabolized by your body before you even start to come down. it's a tryptamine, and your brain is full of them, so your body is well aware of how to break those molecules down.

it's a key. it opens a door. you step through.

bass, on the other hand, is known to cause long term changes in brain chemistry. get yerself an amp and a big speaker cab, run yer bass through some distortion, and hold it up by the strap in front of the cab. as it's feeding back and knocking small items off shelfs, tap in different places on the back of the neck and body, or pluck strings up on the head or behind the bridge. no drugs necessary.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 33 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)