aaa I'm Jumping Ship.......... - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: I'm Jumping Ship..........

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 15-Mar-04  @  12:50 PM   -   I'm Jumping Ship..........

I hate you but love bums

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I'm jumping ship, no worries, I ain't proud. Just read an article about the success of different dance music genes. Brett Johnson a top house producer only shifts 5,000 units. Whereas this bloke Wiley and his eski beat tracks (think garage crossed with urban) is selling 100, 000 units. Anyone heard it? Its very, very simple compared to other genes. Sod it, I'm a bandwagon jumper and I'm going to get me some of that shit!

ps - I ain't doing this for the love of it or cos I'm a tortured artist. I'm doing this to get paid.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/33             17-Mar-04  @  09:41 AM   -   RE: I'm Jumping Ship..........

stone bear

Oh Jeeez! Here we go again - Pongoid and his anger management problems.

Message 22/33             17-Mar-04  @  01:40 PM   -   RE: I'm Jumping Ship..........

uncle pop addict crack whore

Just ignore him and he'll go away. He's full of it.

Message 23/33             17-Mar-04  @  01:52 PM   -   RE: I'm Jumping Ship..........

d

pussy one and pussy two having a conversation or are y'all just the same pussy?

Message 24/33             17-Mar-04  @  03:34 PM   -   RE: I'm Jumping Ship..........

mcc>

tell me.....was it a good jump?

mine certainly was.

Message 25/33             17-Mar-04  @  04:22 PM   -   RE: I'm Jumping Ship..........

dub-munkey

is it a jump or a fall?

greg

Message 26/33             18-Mar-04  @  03:28 AM   -   RE: I'm Jumping Ship..........

mcc>

well actually my label PUSHED me but wanted me to say it was my idea.

we are an artist-oriented label like geffen...you see.

Message 27/33             18-Mar-04  @  04:34 AM   -   RE: I'm Jumping Ship..........

Pongoid

Link?: Link

How easily the buttons are pushed. Especially when it's presets. Zzzzzz.

Ape

Message 28/33             18-Mar-04  @  08:44 AM   -   RE: I'm Jumping Ship..........

psylichon

Is it pretentious, at this point, to take a distant and third-party approach to this thread?

Message 29/33             18-Mar-04  @  11:05 AM   -   RE: I'm Jumping Ship..........

mcc>

you assking?

Message 30/33             18-Mar-04  @  05:30 PM   -   RE: I'm Jumping Ship..........

Pongoid

no, you assking, ...or some sort of posterior royalty.

Seriously for a moment though...if you want to make something that others might think is cheesy...so the fuck what? Who cares? If some asshole like me bags on your shit for making cheese, while you've actually sold some records...you got paid. Obviously it makes it a little harder for the folks who are pushing things forward to get acceptance, but that's the life of an artist. You put up with being razzed, and you make money...or you starve, try to make something that actually IS new and get respect. It's hard to do both.

Jumpin ship? What ship? Most were never on it to begin with. Why trip? DO your shit. Let others talk about it later.

Ape

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 33 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)