aaa s900 vs Emax - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: s900 vs Emax

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 19-Sep-98  @  04:19 AM   -   s900 vs Emax

buggo

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

all right folks, it's dragged on for a while now and i'm down to either the s900 or the emax, having ruled out the roland because you need a separate disk for every set of functions...

This is going to be used primarily, if not exclusively, for drums, so ease of setting up basic patches and patch organization are really important. Also, i need it by the middle of next month.

I'm still not sure if i'll get paid back for the emax, if not this whole point is moot. But if I do, there is a s900 in recycler for $350, and a s950 for $400. (I could probably haggle for either.) Good deal? Bad deal? How do they compare feature-wise and sound-wise to emax? can the emax timestretch? (the 950 can.) jest lookin for some pointers, outside of Kilo's reccomendations...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/34             22-Sep-98  @  01:26 AM   -   RE: s900 vs Emax

buggo

the woes i've had with equipment i've purchased have not been because the gear was inherently bad, it was because of postal fuckups and dishonest people.

anyway, i agree one has to have a good central platform. i will simply stick to my statement that i dislike Making Waves, and would love to buy an MPC if and when i ever get the money. and again, if you ever see an MPC for a price like the one you paid, let me know...i'm getting a new job and so i should have some money soon.

also, i loaned the MW manual to someone and never got it back, and now he has lost it, so i never will get it back. please explain to me how they've resolved the sample cutoff thing, and my opinion of Making Waves will dramatically improve...

Message 22/34             22-Sep-98  @  01:39 AM   -   RE: s900 vs Emax

kilo

personally Buggo... i think at a beginner stage... for dance, which lets face it to get out live is not hugley complexed sequencing-wise.... i'd put more money into the sampler... and less into the sequencer.... i'd upgrade the sequencer ONLY once i had a solid base of sound generating kit....imho... you can work around a cheaper hardware sequencer,,,, but the sampler, you can't work around so much....... more memory is btter for sure.... so if you can go upbudget do so... if not, then an emax is as good as any... although, id probably pay a tad more for a bargain s950 maybe??.... i dunno... you dont want to wait and save do you !! :-)... and with your attitude, i belive you'll get decent sets out of your intended setup no probs... and expand...

Message 23/34             22-Sep-98  @  03:02 AM   -   RE: s900 vs Emax

buggo

yeh, the more i look into it the more it looks like i want the s950...2 megs is cooool, as is timestretch...and they can be had for $350 or so, which seems about the going rate for emaxes.

but i've noticed a lot of idiots lately advertising emax 1's in the Recycler for ungodly sums...one was around $600 and the othe rwas $1000! hmm...it's not THAT "vintage" yet guys..hehe...

(oh, and ishibashi has the q80 for around $60...i'm ordering mine...all their shit is cheap; check it out!)

Message 24/34             22-Sep-98  @  09:30 PM   -   RE: s900 vs Emax

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

Buggo, the readme file that comes w/ each beta will tell you far more than that silly manual could ever do. MW has at least twice as many features as it first did, which once you get to grips with may be what you're looking for.

Specifically, for the samples cutting off, all you do now is check the little box to the immediate right of the length box.

Message 25/34             23-Sep-98  @  03:01 AM   -   RE: s900 vs Emax

do we have different versions? i have 1.82....the little box to the right of the length box lets you quantize to triplets, it has nothing to do with sample cutoff...

and how the FUCK do i render to WAV? can it be done?

Message 26/34             23-Sep-98  @  07:03 AM   -   RE: s900 vs Emax

buggo

nevermind, i've got it...hehewhat fun...everything i've done so far was done on the MW 1.0 demo, which meant i had to work in 22000 and run the line out to the line in and it was oh so cheapo...now everything sounds CLEEEN.

Message 27/34             23-Sep-98  @  07:52 AM   -   RE: s900 vs Emax

Sedusa

**Whining Bitch mode ON** Yeah Hilevelt, but Making Waves makes my loops so _cluttered_

Message 28/34             23-Sep-98  @  10:59 AM   -   RE: s900 vs Emax

Hilevelt

1.83 is the newest. To render to wav, simply highlight above the arrange window the bars you want to get, uncheck any samples you don't want rendered, then hit ctrl + W.

Glad to hear it's worked out for you, Buggo. In my heart, I really was trying to be positive and helpful, but I guess I'm just too belligerent of a fuck. No hard feelings, 'kay?

Message 29/34             23-Sep-98  @  06:20 PM   -   RE: s900 vs Emax

influx

WAAAAHHHH. what about me, bro...? Whens a good time to cruise, sir?

Message 30/34             24-Sep-98  @  01:12 AM   -   RE: s900 vs Emax

buggo

oh i am defintely familiar with belligerent fucks...being one myself, that is...but i do like yer reccomendation about the MPC and really, if you see a good deal on one let me know!

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 34 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)