aaa help hookin-up midi - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: help hookin-up midi

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 22-Mar-04  @  12:17 AM   -   help hookin-up midi

RAzz

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I just bought a lap-top from my friend for cheap, ive always wanted to use one as a dedicated stand alone for synths, sampler etc.
I bought a firewire 410 for it, and now id like to sequence with it as well as with my other units. My problems is im not very good at midi. Here is a run down of my gear, id like to sequence with my mc-505 as the host "clock send" and have the rest just clock up, but not be receiving note signals. Using my s/w sequencer as a realtime recorder.
What should i set these to and how should i hook this up so it all works correctly?

Gear:

mc-505 (host clock)

firewire410 / laptop (synths+ sampler)

Q-rack Triggered by(pcr-30)

Indigo-C

SN2

digi001(pro-tools le)

midiman 4x4

psy and k...you helped me a lot on my last issue just wanted to thank you.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/34             27-Mar-04  @  02:11 AM   -   RE: help hookin-up midi

RAzz

=) right o ..have a nice day.

Message 22/34             27-Mar-04  @  04:13 AM   -   RE: help hookin-up midi

RAzz

my system came with PT 5.3.2. This has wavedriver as an audio drive, i upgraded to asio driver and it says midi functions have been disabled. now what.

Message 23/34             27-Mar-04  @  07:24 AM   -   RE: help hookin-up midi

mcc>

okay psy..razzboy...i shut up for about ten minutes.....so now i will say this:
razz posted his personal problem on the 22nd.
no one responded.
on the 23rd no one reponded.
on the 24th no one responded.
so i apologize for not letting this guy's little situation just die the way it was going
when on the 25th....i rescued his question by responding how i did.
now i love (?) you too psy~man...but you telling me to shut up?
if you're here to rescue guys...rescue them...don't just sit there for days in chat while our hero floats in an ocean of hopeless confusion yelling for help....and then come down on me (?)
for expecting guys to learn how to swim on their own somehow.

and oh yeah...btw....forget the 505 for now....gonna use reason as the drum machine.

Message 24/34             27-Mar-04  @  07:33 AM     Edit: 27-Mar-04  |  07:40 AM   -   RE: help hookin-up midi

Optofonik - AKA, mick, rhyze, etc.

Link?: Link

Check your PT preferences and choose the 4x4 as your midi device. Now check in windows control panel, under multimedia, to insure that the 4x4 is active and prefered. While in the mutimedia devices menu, disable the laptop's onboard sound and MIDI. After you disable the lappy's onboard sound card and MIDI capabilities go into control panel's system devices and remove the onboard sound card's driver - removing the onboard soundcard from within both areas insures that P&P will not find the onboard sound card when you boot.

Message 25/34             27-Mar-04  @  06:11 PM   -   RE: help hookin-up midi

RAzz

Im sorry your parents were mean to you clay. I am almost done with my phd in psych and I know the signs. I can recommend someone for you, if your would like. =)
I do enjoy your metaphor though. Me yelling from a boat, maybe its reflective of yourself, I dont know why these nice people helping me bothers you so much. I recall you said they were doing me a favor....Thats an odd way to look at it since this is a forum where people..*ehem*
..help each other. no? I guess you were born knowing everything with no questions, and noone to help you from your boat. Big man.. you know so much about this stuff I dont doubt that, your of no help here. So wheres your knowledge..your constructive input?
You are a little to obsessed with the dates and times of my goings on. Its amusing frankly. =) on the 23rd he took a sh*t, on the 24th he yelled from his boat....are you serious?! Im glad you had your tantrum but I don't see what I did to warrant you to...hold your breath for ten minutes and explode....on the 27th.
***For all of you that have helped me im sorry if i am asking tedious questions. I do appreciate the help though. *** Thanks

Message 26/34             28-Mar-04  @  12:33 AM   -   RE: help hookin-up midi

mcc>

a head doctor?
i'm a fan of jung's nevertheless.

as for dates and times...just statin the facts doc.
call it however you see it....just don't try to bill me.

Message 27/34             28-Mar-04  @  03:43 AM   -   RE: help hookin-up midi

Optofonik - AKA, mick, rhyze, etc.

Easy tiger, its all fun and games till someone puts an eye out. Instead of taking a dig at someone you might have taken the time respond to what I suggested. Did it work or no?

Message 28/34             28-Mar-04  @  08:18 AM   -   RE: help hookin-up midi

psylichon

Hey, I been working a lot lately, so sue me for latent samaritanism.

And yeah, clay, I do love you. I try to love everyone but you're easy to love cause you try so hard. And you seem like a right cool guy to hang out with. But yeah, sometimes I want to tell you to shut up. This time it came out... oops [shrug]

So yeah, razz.... did you get things sorted yet?

Message 29/34             28-Mar-04  @  05:43 PM   -   RE: help hookin-up midi

mcc>

thanks psy and i do understand.
my mom's been telling me to shut up for decades now.
and i actually do sometimes in 10 minute to 4 hour spurts.
but after that....forget it.
help! help!

Message 30/34             28-Mar-04  @  06:01 PM   -   RE: help hookin-up midi

RAzz

Yes digs aside you guys helped me big time! I have most stuff worked out now, thanks again for the help.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 34 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)