aaa Which sounds are same in techno... guess pls. - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Which sounds are same in techno... guess pls.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 20-Aug-98  @  05:02 PM   -   Which sounds are same in techno... guess pls.

Alex

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

you all know very well that all the techno songs have common drums/hihats/basses/pads. Please guess which instruments (synth/samplers) are mostly used with playing techno and tell please which you use... My opinion: Drums/hihats/claps-TR,
basslines: kinda Moog, pads: I use Korg N264 etc. Thanks in advance...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/35             27-Aug-98  @  09:57 AM   -   RE: Which sounds are same in techno... guess pls.

Richie

Nope - still don't work.

Is this something to do with me using the computer from work? (no e-mail or something).

Anyway, it don't look as if I can reach you yet. However I am getting on the net at home so whenever that is sorted out I will contact you then.

What's all this about your label?

Tell us about it, I am considering starting my own label and I would'nt mind hearing about how you have gone about setting yours up.

Richie

Message 22/35             28-Aug-98  @  07:14 AM   -   RE: Which sounds are same in techno... guess pls.

dani2

Link?:  Link

Hmmm, maybe you are right about th email at work thing? About the label, it isnt anything at all big and organized (yet hopefully) , were just some kids that make, like, and LOVE creepy dark techno. Often times when you like something so much you become dissatisfied with the current status of that something. Often times we would be unhappy about the tracks being played and we wanted our own shit out there makin people freak out and dance, So we pressed it! Its not cheap but the feeling of seeing a couple of thousand kids dancing to YOUR tracks is fuckin PRICELESS!!
We only sold a couple of hundred copies but thats all that we pressed. We are getting more copies of this record since we have an amount of distribution set up already and because James Pennington is on it! If you are interested in some resources here in the states gimme your email and ill send you some quotes and shit, but as far as a "Label" goes we are noteven there yet, maybe some day...heh heh he.

cya dannyc

ps send me a tape! that goes to all of the creepy techno kids out there too!

Message 23/35             28-Aug-98  @  08:38 AM   -   RE: Which sounds are same in techno... guess pls.

buggo

dani2....how old are you in fact?

Message 24/35             28-Aug-98  @  09:35 AM   -   RE: Which sounds are same in techno... guess pls.

Richie

What's the best way to get a tape to you?

Do you just want to hear the dark stuff or the heavier stuff as well? I usually start out with the idea of writing a dark kind of track but then I let the sound go where it wants to. I also write some funky/choppy kind of techno as well.. Just depends on where my mood is taking me. But at the end of the day it has a raw sound mainly due to the quality of the equipment being used.

How long you been doing this? Do you venture into any other kinds of techno?

Message 25/35             28-Aug-98  @  01:07 PM   -   RE: Which sounds are same in techno... guess pls.

$$$

Please, tell me guys !!! What kinda HiHat has been sounding almost in all the techno tracks ? I mean that
boom TCHSH boom TCHSH ... What's THAT "TCHSH" Tell me . Thanks in advance.

Message 26/35             28-Aug-98  @  01:16 PM   -   RE: Which sounds are same in techno... guess pls.

celtic dream

depends on the machine........

Message 27/35             28-Aug-98  @  01:53 PM   -   RE: Which sounds are same in techno... guess pls.

Richie

I think you'd be pretty safe in assuming it's a 909 open hi hat. If it's sort of hollowish then it's 909 if it is more like a hi noise tone then 808.

Go to the DRUM BOXES section on this site.... All will be revealed.

PS in case you're wondering the BOOM is more than likely going to be 909 kick.

Anything else while I have my spotting anorack on?

Message 28/35             28-Aug-98  @  08:11 PM   -   RE: Which sounds are same in techno... guess pls.

dani2

To answer some questions, I am 22 (just turned), the best way to get a tape to me would be to contact me by email and get the info, as far as the type of techno anything "dark and/or heavy" are pretty much the guidlines that describe what grabs my attention as well as most of the other people involved in techno. The type of tracks that make you see how defined the sounds are, my favorite example "the Red Series" by Dave Clarke, orsome of the older Tresor stuff by Maurizio, Spastic by Plasticman/Ritchie Hawtin, Public Energy by Speedy J, some of Neil Landstrum's stuff. Or even the types of tracks that just make you wanna shake your ass in a dirty dark wharehouse like, Work that Motherfucker by Steve Poindexter, Oldschool by Plasticman, Anything by Jeff Mills, and especially the minimal GOD Robert Hood, not to name any charachteristic but if it gets the job done and makes people wanna dance you cant go wrong. I have been making tracks for about 4 years now and listening to this shit for about 7 years. Out of all of the music i have liked and do like, the only type of music to keep me excited about electronic music in the least bit is techno. Hope this answers some questions.

cya dannyc

Message 29/35             26-Sep-98  @  05:24 AM   -   RE: Which sounds are same in techno... guess pls.

Hardcore Techno,Gabber,Deathrow Techno,Terror,Speedcore,Happy hardcore,Digital hardcore,Terror Trance,Hardcore Industrial.

You want names? Heres some. Lenny Dee,Omar Santana,Rob Gee,Strychnine,Delta 9,D.O.A.,Bloody Fist,DJ Skinhead,DJ Narotic Vs UVC,F.U.H.D.,Ultra Violence,Ralphie Dee,Rotterdam Terror Corps,Atari Teenage Riot,Temper Tantrum,Anibrolic Frolic,Mental Theo, 3 Steps Ahead, and more.

Message 30/35             26-Sep-98  @  06:35 AM   -   RE: Which sounds are same in techno... guess pls.

buggo

methinks i've come against a writer's block...all the hooklines i've been coming up with have a distinctive sameness about them. any idea where to look for some darkish, minor-key-ish stuff for possible inspiration? (i'm not talking about techno here; i'm looking for other stuff, perhaps classical or metal or whatever...)

and i really like big-beat kind of stuff with huge drums and distorted-to-fuck synth lines...although i also like a good bit of funk and old school hiphop and the like...though this isn't the kind of stuff i'm necessarily looking for; i think transference of styles leads to some cool shit! (my dad is totally into the piano and for a while i was listening to him every night from the other end of the house while i worked on tracks; all my stuff started sounding like prokovief and ravel!)

blah blah. eugh, g'nite.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 35 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)