aaa Will a Sampler Fullfill my 909 needs? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Will a Sampler Fullfill my 909 needs?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 03-Sep-98  @  10:33 PM   -   Will a Sampler Fullfill my 909 needs?

hmfoster

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Hi. A Sampler will provide me with adequate 909
BassDrums and Hats, right? I don't care if can't
mess with the parameters as much as on a Real 909 or Drumstation. I have only CS1x and the 909 samples are a bit weak.(I've heard this before from others as well. I would rather put my money
towards a sampler rather than a Drumstation.
Jon

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/41             08-Sep-98  @  09:46 PM   -   RE: Will a Sampler Fullfill my 909 needs?

Sedusa

Link?:  Link

Yup, you've found us out.. We're secretly gay children.. This "Dancetech" nonsense is just a clever ruse to confuse the straights.. Anyhow, fuck you. We're free to discuss the relative merits of different analog snares.. And it obviously holds interest for some of us.. And our relative success? many of us are working hard to make that a reality.. And discussing differences between beatboxes doesn't hurt that any.. I come here to kick around ideas and trade nuggets of information with other musicians in my genre.. and if you don't like it, sir, you can go dance to the Macarena for all I care hehe...

Message 22/41             09-Sep-98  @  10:30 AM   -   RE: Will a Sampler Fullfill my 909 needs?

Floatpoint

Hmmm.... discussin' bd's must lead to a lot of ideas.... realy creative !
If you discussed how to transform say an 808 bd to somethin else, I would be happy to
give this chat some credit. But you're just jidderin' 'bout whether a 909 is better than
an 808 or whatever...
Pointless discussion....
To HM. Foster - Try out all the software emulators on the PC.
For example Stomper. Delivers earth-shakin kicks.
Then use for example Drumstation to make up loops of wav-files.
I have almost stoped using my samplers for drums... (have a FZ and an ASR10).
If you have a fast PC with good software and a descent soundcard, it will take care of
all your 909 needs.
It all comes down to the software.....
To the rest of ya all - STOP JIDDERIN' AND MAKE SOME MUSIC !

Message 23/41             10-Sep-98  @  09:33 AM   -   RE: Will a Sampler Fullfill my 909 needs?

Richie

Well yeah, but all the points above about whether we should argue or not....

Well it's arguing as far as I'm concerned, when the only drum machine I had heard of was 909 I had an argument with a mate and he was gunning for 808, 808? I said whats that... You learn from these arguments don't ya. 808 cowbell sucks. But I lurve my drumstation, And hey look this is a discussion page! I never realised!

Kilo is right!! On a 909 or a drumstation the snare is tweakable to extremes, as flabby or tight as you want it. So there. :-)

Ok here is something you can try when you get your sampler, get a 909 kick sampled, layer it with a 909 snare but filter out the snare so your just getting the punchiness of the bass. If you don't like it at least it will get you thinking of other sounds you can layer for different effects.

There you go, food for thought.

Message 24/41             10-Sep-98  @  03:02 PM   -   RE: Will a Sampler Fullfill my 909 needs?

xoxos

well i'm not so much interested in dialectic as i am in calling other people faggots %6)
i really don't like the 909 and if i were about to spend a few hundred dollars, i'd want a drum machine that could do some decent, well rounded snares, but that's just my opinion, and i only know the 909 from recordings and samples.
i have a friend that wants to get started on pc, but w/o spending any money. they're mucking about with my bassstation and stomper, so i've got two questions:
1) does anyone know of a free .wav sequencing/tracker utility? what's this drumstation thing, and where do i get it?
2) has anyone ever had any success trying to midi sync a freeware or even shareware tracker? a lot of them claim to do so, but no one i've spoken with has successfully implemented one as such.

909 snare sucks nya nya
xoxos.

Message 25/41             10-Sep-98  @  03:14 PM   -   RE: Will a Sampler Fullfill my 909 needs?

Richie

xoxoxoxoxoxos why the F**K do you wan't a drumstation if you don't like the 909 drums!! IT DONT MAKE SENSE!

Message 26/41             10-Sep-98  @  03:49 PM   -   RE: Will a Sampler Fullfill my 909 needs?

bill

he talking 'bout d-lusion software drumstation i believe.....

Message 27/41             10-Sep-98  @  04:22 PM   -   RE: Will a Sampler Fullfill my 909 needs?

Richie

Aaaah...

All become clear as glass.

Message 28/41             10-Sep-98  @  08:39 PM   -   RE: Will a Sampler Fullfill my 909 needs?

Penguin

What drum machine do you recon is best for big beat &
drum & bass ? Is there any advantages over using my
S2000 and sample cd's ?

Message 29/41             11-Sep-98  @  03:20 AM   -   RE: Will a Sampler Fullfill my 909 needs?

xoxos

right about the drumstation duality. but actually i want a novation too. it's the 808 you see, the 808.

just to blather on and on, since i still don't understand what drums n bass 'isn't,' i'd luv an 808 for the utility, but stylistically speaking, the groove is whereever you find it, and great drum sounds are just a tweak away from a guff in a cheap condenser mic. styles tend to be impressions created for marketing more than quality programming.

xoxos.

still want a lead on this loop or sequencing making program! (i have a broke friend w/ pc)

Message 30/41             11-Sep-98  @  05:14 AM   -   RE: Will a Sampler Fullfill my 909 needs?

xoxos

it's the 4-horse, george, the 4-horse...

henrietta box.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 41 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)