aaa Industrial Fans - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Industrial Fans

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Original Message                 Date: 15-Sep-98  @  01:49 PM   -   Industrial Fans

99devils

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Just wanted to tell all the industrial fans here that the new Rob Zombie CD kicks ass... it hasn't left my CD player in two days!

-C

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/64             18-Sep-98  @  04:45 PM   -   RE: Industrial Fans

xoxos

Link?:  Link

well then in the 1980's nin wasn't industrial, but in the 90's the same stuff by him is  
bloody genres.

xoxos.

Message 22/64             18-Sep-98  @  05:49 PM   -   RE: Industrial Fans

Sedusa

Baah! You gotta listen to "Misery Machine" while driving drunk really fast with friends who you can chant "Careen down highway 6 6 6" with.. Only proper way to enjoy that album. Anyways, the rock connection is really a bad one, as I kinda see Industrial as "Punk with Machines" .. The attitude, all that. And Industrial being seen as Metal and Techno combined? Ok, ok, let's blame "Psalm 69" but really, it's just the way the scene's gone, not the meat of the genre.. Remember when guitars were anathema?... Aah.. Anyway, All I know is that noise can sound catchy to me after extended periods of listening to extreme distortion and static (tho I am experiencing hearing loss in my left ear - no shit)

Message 23/64             18-Sep-98  @  09:52 PM   -   RE: Industrial Fans

xoxos

i'm enduring my second bout of tinnitis... the first took three years to subside. basically that means it's never, ever quiet. wacth it kids.

xoxos.

Message 24/64             19-Sep-98  @  10:18 AM   -   RE: Industrial Fans

Purple Haze

Maybe a lame question, but...

When I would buy only one nin album to check out whet they are all about, which one should I buy ?
I don't know shit about them, I've got some mp3's I leeched of the net from them and don't really like it, but I watched a movie a while ago (can't remember which one, but was pretty weird), which had nin music in there and it was really good (might have been the greenery though).

Message 25/64             19-Sep-98  @  12:05 PM   -   RE: Industrial Fans

rouge

The Crow 2 had industrial music throughout.
Depends what kind of thing you like in general .... theres different kinds of industrial, metal, goth, techno, NIN are probably the most famous for 'industrial' - thats kind of deep, gloomy stuff.
All of it tends to have some form of distorted guitar in it though.

Message 26/64             19-Sep-98  @  02:17 PM   -   RE: Industrial Fans

xoxos

only familiar with early nin stuff. the first album won them their entire audience. very pop, rocknroll sensibilities; mostly relationship themes. i totally recommend. you haven't heard??! there is an excellent 'b-side' or extra cd track on one of the singles from this album called 'get down make love' that totally gets a dance crowd going. better crowd than rsw's 'cocaine sex.' (i'm in tucson.. that's probably the most popular electronic track i've seen out here.) otherwise the subsequent disks, 'broken,' and 'the downward spiral' have some fair production on them that maintains the 'listener base,' and have progressively more personal themes and noisier sounds. i remember broken as kinda punkish w/guitars and spiral more wierd production and environments.

xoxos.

Message 27/64             19-Sep-98  @  06:08 PM   -   RE: Industrial Fans

Islandman

Pretty Hate Machine or The Downward Spiral. Another god one is the remix to Broken, which is called Fixed. The movie you saw might have been The Crow, Natural Born Killers or Prayer for the Rollerboys.

Message 28/64             19-Sep-98  @  08:31 PM   -   RE: Industrial Fans

buggo

the crow 2 soundtrack is industrial? i dunna think so...i have a tape of it and it's mostly metal, if i recall correctly...

Message 29/64             19-Sep-98  @  10:08 PM   -   RE: Industrial Fans

rouge

No, go for the Downward Spiral (my preference) and if you can, look out for a song called 'Wish'. I think its on the 'broken' EP.
As for the Crow - I can't remember I just know that NIN definitely did one track for it - I've got it around somewhere.

Message 30/64             20-Sep-98  @  03:05 AM   -   RE: Industrial Fans

Purple Haze

Hmmm... will look for it. Listened to some of their stuff at a friend's place earlier (I remember a title 'fist fuck')... It was quite ok.
Come to think of it, isn't front 242 industrial ? Or is that 'electronic body music' ?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

There are 64 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)