aaa Your favourite album - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Your favourite album

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Original Message                 Date: 21-Nov-03  @  08:57 PM   -   Your favourite album

GrooveMonkey

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Though this might be a bit of fun!

Mine.... Hejira by Joni Mitchell..

Why...

Coz her voice is just so damn cool. Gentle and angry at the same time and JP plays bass on it..

G

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/79             22-Nov-03  @  03:05 AM   -   RE: Your favourite album

mcc>

Link?:  No link

he is young as mozart and wild as the wind that blew him in.

the universe according to geoofrey brown IS the seargeant pepper's of a dying planet.
it's about acceptance and joy in a world run by wankers.

i'll buy any copy if you're dissatisfied.

Message 22/79             22-Nov-03  @  03:44 AM   -   RE: Your favourite album

Broken Silence

Link?: Link

Influx- What does 'listen' mean? If you mean what would I listen to on headphones or play at home etc then yes, I mainly just listen to trance. In front of the computer, I listen to about everything here and alot of ametuer productions elsewhere...

My biggest problem is that I don't really listen to "hot" trance- I'm too young to go into clubs where it is played and I don't buy vinyls cause I'm not a DJ..so all the hot new stuff that is always raved about at trance.nu and tranceaddict.com etc etc I have never heard about. It's also probably why I usually make "older" style trance- cause that's what all my cd's are.

Message 23/79             22-Nov-03  @  04:57 AM   -   RE: Your favourite album

§ï†ÅR

Jethro Tull "Living in the Past"
LMAO! If we're gonna go down that road Cream "Wheels of Fire" but it'd probably sound like shite to me now...or maybe not. And Zappa's Mudshark LMAO or Cleetus Areetus Aritus (sp).

Oh well off track so don't bother reading what I just wrote.

Message 24/79             22-Nov-03  @  05:12 AM   -   RE: Your favourite album

mcc>

was it "wheels of fire" which had politican~ on it? or was that disraeli gears?
good ol jack bruce....

Message 25/79             22-Nov-03  @  07:15 AM   -   RE: Your favourite album

Zazza

Old times fave album probably Electric Ladyland - The side with Rainy Day and Merman on it... (and don't forget Led Zeppelin II..)

New times 'The Antidote' Ronny Jordan, probably because I play guitar and he's so damn cool on that thing..

yeah, Hejira and Don Juan's daughter are classics... check out Shadows and Light, live Joni album with Jaco Pastorius, Pat Metheny and Donald Brecker, some unbelievable jamming with Jaco just ripping up the bass like no-one before or since...

Don't seem to make musicians like that any more..

Kids these days, bah, humbug.. anyone seen my zimmer?

Message 26/79             22-Nov-03  @  07:45 AM   -   RE: Your favourite album

mcc>

i heard jaco played out much of his post-weather report days in a whirl of trouble.... but just the other day a young aspiring bassist told me he was killed by a bouncer.

i never even knew he was dead.

i saw weather report once......he was amazing.......that man.
damn....they were all amazing.

Message 27/79             22-Nov-03  @  10:07 AM   -   RE: Your favourite album

GrooveMonkey

Yeah Zazza... you're right.. no-one even gets close to Jaco. He said once "I am the greatest bas player ever" and in a way he still is.

Clay.. Jaco got his head kicked in by a bouncer outside a club and dies from his injuries.. The fucking bounver got off scot free for it!

anyway read Jaco by Bill Milkowski. Jaco's life was harrowing to say the least!

SOme interseting choices here... figured there would be.

G

Message 28/79             22-Nov-03  @  12:58 PM   -   RE: Your favourite album

Steve Roughley

Yeah. There are alot of interesting choices, though I haven't heard of many of them. I'm allways listening to John Digweed's Hong Kong cd, but that is more of a compilation. My favorite album would then have to be Dixie Dregs - Night of the living Dregs. So much damned talent packed into all of their albums, but that is definitely my favorite.

Steve.

Message 29/79             22-Nov-03  @  01:39 PM   -   RE: Your favourite album

dan-s

Link?:  Link

brad: it's the same album as me... Although I have other favourites, it is always the first that pops in to my head when I get this question.

Carole King Tapestry, Erik B & Rakim Paid in Full and of course Saint Etienne Tiger Bay (or anyone of the three first really) which has (have) had a huge impact on me.

Message 30/79             22-Nov-03  @  04:10 PM     Edit: 22-Nov-03  |  05:01 PM   -   RE: Your favourite album

§ï†ÅR

"I'm a political man......and I practice what I preach." I can hear Jack Bruce's voice in my head singing that song. That was on Wheels of Fire and there was another version of it on another album of theirs. Remember this loop?:

"Bop bop bop babop bop. Bop bop bop babop bop."

"Mmmmmm mm mm mm mm m mm m mmmm."

"free__________I__feel__free___________I__feel"

Shadows and Light is a great Joni Album. I have all of hers up to about 5 years ago.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

There are 79 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)