aaa Help - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Help

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 9

Original Message                 Date: 29-Dec-03  @  06:02 PM   -   Help

L.Dudley

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Ok I have a problem. I'm using cubase vst and trying to record audio files. I play the cd that i want to record and it has some huge echo that gets bigger and ruins the sonmg. This is also apparent when the metronome is clicking and when any other noise plays whilst cubase is open. All I wanna do is record, is there anything I can do to stop this loud babble??? Please help meeeeee

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/87             30-Dec-03  @  01:44 PM   -   RE: Help

the_dr38

So I've downloaded a converter called 'Easy mp3' which rips the files straight to wav. I did about 6 or 7 and wrote them to a blank cd and then loaded them onto my PC (not the one Im currently on). Now I dont know how to get them into Cubase. I go to import and it doesnt show the files.

Message 22/87             30-Dec-03  @  02:00 PM   -   RE: Help

milan

Link?: Link

i think i hear the sound of water running in the background... is someone taking the piss?

Message 23/87             30-Dec-03  @  04:15 PM   -   RE: Help

mcc>

put your wav. files where you can SEE them. in an open window or your desktop.
open cubase to your track view. select a track for your file and make sure it's selected for audio> and not midi.
now drag your wav. file onto that track.

you'll need to establish tempo for things to line up and make sure the beginning of your track is truncated (chopped) at a zero start point.
good luck.

some of us spent a good portion of our lives to learn this stuff.
it can take serious effort just to learn how to accurately match an audio's tempo to a sequencer metronome. but you're on your own there.

get cubase power> if you don't have a manual. it'll be the best 20 you can spend AND
it'll change your life.

Message 24/87             30-Dec-03  @  06:30 PM   -   RE: Help

the_dr38

Cheers man. Loaded the wav. files onto my pc and they seem to be mp3 again which means that it won't let me drag the file onto the track. Is there any other way to do it?

Message 25/87             30-Dec-03  @  07:18 PM   -   RE: Help

psylichon

you need to specify in your audio ripping program that you want to rip to WAV file, and not to MP3.... this should be in the settings somewhere.

Message 26/87             30-Dec-03  @  08:07 PM   -   RE: Help

k

you want to get a programme that converts .cda audio files to .wav (NOT mp3 wavs)

sometimes mp3's get saved with a .wav extention, but they are actualy encoded compressed .mp3 files... an mp3 compressed encoded file can have EITHER a .mp3 OR .wav extention.

i dunno about a programme that can do this for free, cos like many I use a pro editor s/w which can do this as one of it's functions.

Oh wait... mebbe this will do it

go to FILES section, and do a name-search for 'cool'

you'll see the old cool-edit programme in the results - This is the old demo from like 5 years ago.

the thing about this old demo (mebbe the current one STILL does this, you'd best check with cool-edit site), but the OLD demo allowed the user to use the s/w with reduced functionality.

when you open the demo it asks you to choose TWO functions which you can use for that session (that time the programem is open before closing it and re-starting the programme again).

so, you choose SAVE as one of the functions you can use... you have to choose SAVE as one function so you can save what you do.

this demo therefore allows you to choose SAVE and ONE other function which might be for example time-stretch or a filter or whatever - allowing you to do ONE thing and save it.

so try it - see if it will allow you to open a .cda CD-Audio file from the cd, and then SAVE it as a pcm uncompressed wav file.

you also need to check what sample rate your SB card is using... some SB cards only work at 48k... if yours is fixed at 48k thent he audio you save from the ripped CD audio track should be saved at 48k.

try that anyways... the cool-edit demo is only 1.5 mb - small to d/load.

Message 27/87             30-Dec-03  @  08:43 PM   -   RE: Help

Influx

holy fucking shit where is darwin when you need him

Message 28/87             30-Dec-03  @  09:55 PM   -   RE: Help

sox

Link?:  Link

Someone must be taking the piss because VST will open .mp3's.....It converts them to wav itself.

File/Import/MP3, asks where you want to save the new file.....

lol@Darwin.....

sox

Message 29/87             30-Dec-03  @  11:26 PM   -   RE: Help

digital rust

for the love of god. rtfm.

Message 30/87             31-Dec-03  @  12:36 AM   -   RE: Help

cydonia cell

either taking the piss...

or new with cracked software!

sigh

e

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 9

There are 87 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)