aaa Is LOGIC AUDIO really that good ? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

23-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Is LOGIC AUDIO really that good ?

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 08-Sep-98  @  04:42 AM   -   Is LOGIC AUDIO really that good ?

csoldano

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

The vibe I'm getting from some sources is that
Logic is really pro stuff, blows away Cake and maybe even VST, but has anyone been using it and
whats the opinion on it ?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/33             05-Oct-98  @  05:07 PM   -   RE: Is LOGIC AUDIO really that good ?

kilo

heh heh...... no but really, Logic to my mind isn't laid out so muso freindly... but i'm starting to like it.... especially the regions..... controllers can be drwn ok..... i found like a draw line where you click in anchor points, i dunno if there is a pencil type draw function as in cubase & cakewalk... i like that way to do it, to easily create nice even curves... anyways... i git given a DAL card D today !!..... so i'll try it with VST..... may solve the crash prob... but i have to say, even if i get it going, i may swerve to logic, simply for the regions, and the all in one mixer, which i found faster that the 3 seperate windows in VST...

yes Logic found all the X-components no probs.... there is a list of about 50+ FX now when i open the FX slot.... great..... and the fx are very easy to adjust.... much easier than VST which is perhaps to obsesed with the GUI looking realistic like hardware.....we'll have to see.... i need alot more time with the manual.... but.... 96 audio tracks.....simple quick audio region creation... and yes Avene, i have to say, i love the drum note inputting method..... and best of all it ran for hours without a crash.... oh yes, and the timing is very solid.... as for the audio side, i found it fine..... more easy to handle the audio inside the folder than vst..... it's the region thing that i find the killer... i've always dreamed of having that as easy and quick to do, like swaplus, but on a multitrack with bars & midi... could be my dream come true then.....

Message 22/33             05-Oct-98  @  06:40 PM   -   RE: Is LOGIC AUDIO really that good ?

Pongoid

Link?:  Link

AH-SO! I told you, grasshopper: best things in life never easy. You must work to find the true path..err...Yeah!!! Anyhow, glad to see that y'all are figuring out what I've telling you for months! Logic fucking smokes!!! It handles so much controller information, it's mind boggling. Some of the most fun you can have is with a Microwave or a k2000, that handles like 20 streams of controller info simultaneously, and just goes apeshit. Try it out. It takes time to set all your controller addressing, but it pays off in full.
Ape

Message 23/33             05-Oct-98  @  09:24 PM   -   RE: Is LOGIC AUDIO really that good ?

kilo

yeah ok ok... thing is, i'm a but of a luddite ... my preference is echte-zuper fast working speed..... i dont need mountains of controller info editing etc..... if there are a few controllers happening in one of my tracks, you'll be lucky..... one or two max.... what i like is to be able to work really fast..... still, i'll stick with it, and see.... but what a fucked up interface tho.... i think what they should do is not neccessarily go down the looks-like-hardware route Steinbog have, but they seriously need to get in a few musos to rename and restructure the menu's !!!....and the icons, and well...alot of it....IMHO

Message 24/33             06-Oct-98  @  03:19 AM   -   RE: Is LOGIC AUDIO really that good ?

/\\/E/\/E

What's wrong with the interface? It's well laid out, and I've never had a problem with it. Sure, it aint as colourful, but this is music we're dealing with, not artwork for a cd. Being able to loop all tracks, and bung em in a folder which loops also, is great. Then you just copy the one folder around, and at each point you've copied it to, you mute or unmute the tracks you plan to use. Of course with the folder looping, it will continue playing until it reaches another folder, with different mute settings inside. It's a hell of a lot quicker than copying individual track parts around the screen, as is the case with the other 2 major programs

Kilo, that regions thing you were talking about, I've never really got into it myself. You make it sound as if it could be something pretty special. i'll look into a bit more.

One more thing, I have had a couple of minor crashes when using hyperprism plugins. I don't know why, but there seem to be 2 lots of these plugins which appear in the dx list. I guess these are mono and stereo. . Never had any problem with Logic's own eq or effects. If only they had some compression or gates aswell.

Message 25/33             07-Oct-98  @  01:19 AM   -   RE: Is LOGIC AUDIO really that good ?

kilo

yeah those DX seems to be the least reliable of the pluggins i have too...... only ones that cause probs.....

well, the regions thing, simply highlight a wave /audio part to get the edit up..... highlite a section.... do command create new region (god knows where the command is i cant remember).... and that is it....now look in the audio folder, and below the original wave, is a new region... this can be dragged onto the track,,,, it can then be further edited while in-situ.... i guess one could do the same by dragging & copy a wave part, then snipping it shorter on the track area maybe... dunno... but it is like sawplus in that respect, you get a whole load of regions if you like, that are non-destructive edit references to a section of the original wave.... yet each one does NOT create a nbew audio part to chock up your h/drive..... i quite liked that

what i am having serious trouble with is finding how to create a new drum mapp... how do I assign stuff, i cannot also find how to define a new object if i create a control hyper edit... sure, i can create an object, but i cant see where to define it..... it really is a toss layout programme mate.... cakewalk pisses all over it for speed and simplicity... for exam,ple... little things... when in a GM drum map.... why the fuck cant i click on sounds and hear them?...... then i could click - listen, and go down a map renaming the sounds.... again, a simple, obvious thing for which i could find no function in any menu.... another pile o shite.... create a drum note.... can you drag it or a cluster of notes to a new sound?.... nope.... i couldnt find that either... so laboriously, one has to delete and repencil it in... same to hear a sound..... why?.... it's such a waste.... the only sequencer I ever saw that didnt allow you to click on a sound and hear it to audition....

Message 26/33             07-Oct-98  @  02:10 AM   -   RE: Is LOGIC AUDIO really that good ?

xoxos

Link?:  Link

okay u.s. people... this guy at emagic usa says he's just finished editing the micrologic manuals for english.

for god's sake.. you know what a qx21 is? a dinky lil sequencer... all i want is that with velocity readout/programming... somebody HELP me... you sods sons of bitches wanky bottom burps who make software can't you just make a decent sequencer for crying out loud?

jesus christ. i hope you read this and get bad bottom bogeys.

Message 27/33             25-Oct-98  @  07:50 AM   -   RE: Is LOGIC AUDIO really that good ?

acid4life

hey all u logic guys i have logic audio v3.0 on a cd...really wanna use it but dont have a clue...aint got
no manual....can some one be nice enough and tell me where to get it...cant go to Emagic coz i am not registered...and really cant do that coz i got this cd for free.......please help i wanna stop masturbatin and start makin music.....hook me up with the manual or i'll go blind(thats what xcessive masturbating does)

Message 28/33             25-Oct-98  @  07:55 AM   -   RE: Is LOGIC AUDIO really that good ?

acid4life

hey all u logic guys i have logic audio v3.0 on a cd...really wanna use it but dont have a clue...aint got
no manual....can some one be nice enough and tell me where to get it...cant go to Emagic coz i am not registered...and really cant do that coz i got this cd for free.......please help i wanna stop masturbatin and start makin music.....hook me up with the manual or i'll go blind(thats what xcessive masturbating does)

Message 29/33             25-Oct-98  @  11:00 AM   -   RE: Is LOGIC AUDIO really that good ?

rouge

No - you are a sinner for having a cracked version.
You will rot in hell.

Message 30/33             25-Oct-98  @  03:09 PM   -   RE: Is LOGIC AUDIO really that good ?

/\\/E/\/E

Yeah, go and buy it you tosser !!! You're obviously a bit sick anyway, having a wank over a bit of software.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 33 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)