aaa Olympics!!! - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Olympics!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message                 Date: 14-Aug-04  @  07:14 AM   -   Olympics!!!

http://www.dancetech.com/~Optofonik_-_AK

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Sure, "The Games" are rife with controversy (professional athletes should have no place in the Olympics), allegations of doping, and commentators doing everything in their power to politicize the opening ceremony - making themselves look even more foolish with their other remarks - but watching the faces of the kids who will be competing over the next couple of weeks is inspiring. Let wish all the best for all the athletes.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/57             18-Aug-04  @  11:48 PM   -   RE: Olympics!!!

SignalRunners - Andrew

Link?: Link

it kicked ass

Message 22/57             18-Aug-04  @  11:49 PM   -   RE: Olympics!!!

SignalRunners - Andrew

oh yea, imo :P

Message 23/57             19-Aug-04  @  03:29 AM     Edit: 19-Aug-04  |  04:32 AM   -   RE: Olympics!!!

Influx

it kicked ass simply because it was trance? Or because it was a good DJ set with good music?

Message 24/57             19-Aug-04  @  10:43 AM   -   RE: Olympics!!!

Drop

Link?:  No link

Must-not-rubbish trance! Must-reeesist-the-eviliiiiness of bashing trance music! Must remember K's wise-words-of-noooot-to-ruuuubbbish-musical-styles. But-cannnnot-fight-the-teeeeeeeeemptation-of-fighting for quality music!!!! OH screw it I can't help myself - Tiesto's set was an embarrassment to the world of dance music. It’s the same as Athletes cheating and taking steroids - OK, OK well actually its not but it still feels like "we wos robbed guvnor!"

Message 25/57             19-Aug-04  @  11:25 AM   -   RE: Olympics!!!

Dominic

Link?:  No link

This was a once in a (dance music) lifetime opportunity to solidify Dance music's position infront of the whole world and we had a DJ Tiesto throwaway trance set. Typical.

Message 26/57             19-Aug-04  @  11:50 AM   -   RE: Olympics!!!

k

yeah well it's a commercial corporate event, it's hardly going to be underground sounds now is it.

while we're on the subject - is this 'Busted' style haircut starting to get on anyone elses nerves - young guys are starting to look like clones of McFly or Busted.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 27/57             19-Aug-04  @  12:11 PM   -   RE: Olympics!!!

beds

thinking of getting one k?

Message 28/57             19-Aug-04  @  01:14 PM   -   RE: Olympics!!!

greg

someone asked me the other day who i preferred out of busted and mcfly i must say i had to say 'who'? found out who and realised that not being a nine year old girl means im not likely to have known...seems everything in the mainstream is for the tweeneys at the moment....still means i can listen to my dread-core and broken-glitch in relative underground safety....

what annoys me about trance is people think if you produce e-music its trance....and what annoys me more is when someone says check out this house/techno track and it turns out its bloody trance!

greg

Message 29/57             19-Aug-04  @  02:34 PM   -   RE: Olympics!!!

SignalRunners - Andrew

i could hear just about every tune he played because i KNOW them. but if you didn't know them, you can't call them trash because all you could hear was a faint chord change with a kick and hat.

there were 17 of tiesto's own tracks that he played---and none of tiestos tracks have EVER had a big 8 saw detuned lead thing, so if thats what you guys heard, then you were on the wrong channel

Message 30/57             19-Aug-04  @  02:51 PM   -   RE: Olympics!!!

beds

*yawn*

dj tiesticlos isn't even greek.

they could have had that demis roussos on. with vangelis.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 57 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)