aaa What is electronic music? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: What is electronic music?

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 06-Apr-04  @  07:00 AM   -   What is electronic music?

casparproject

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

So I'm in the psychology wing of the uni I'm currently attending and a display on the wall catches my eye. The topic is something like "Cognitive function and listening to music." There's also a haphazardly placed pic of one of the Yammie grooveboxes on the page, which made me curious. In the first paragraph, I see what seems to be a very closedminded reference to Baroque classical music vs Techno. They refer to Techno as having "no real harmonic or logical construction." Holy shit, I think, where are these ppl getting this information. They try to back the statement up with another bald assertion "techno music is constructed for the purpose of mimicing industrial noise." The freakiest part is that there are references on this project. I'm going to try to find where they got this info, but this is in a post-graduate psych course. I can't believe they are saying this stuff.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/33             08-Apr-04  @  06:43 PM   -   RE: What is electronic music?

battleship

Link?:  No link

If someone could just shit on his desk, we could be done with it.

Message 32/33             08-Apr-04  @  08:49 PM   -   RE: What is electronic music?

Pongoid

Link?: Link

Hey Cas. Long fuckin time. Most of these fools got NO idea who you be. LOL Those are some pretty mindless, and uneducated statements. If you'd care to furnish the autors of such statements' names, I'll behappy to convince them of the errors of their ways, and shed a bit of light upon their obviously darkened hollow spaces for cranial cavities.

Ape

Message 33/33             08-Apr-04  @  10:30 PM   -   RE: What is electronic music?

SpinbacK

Link?:  No link

hey speaking of long time no see (btw hey casper)

oh btw, ape, im needing those atari disks back as soon as poss.

mail me at - Alan@Blustudio.co.uk and ill give you my adress again.

alan

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 33 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)