aaa s900 vs Emax - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: s900 vs Emax

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 19-Sep-98  @  04:19 AM   -   s900 vs Emax

buggo

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

all right folks, it's dragged on for a while now and i'm down to either the s900 or the emax, having ruled out the roland because you need a separate disk for every set of functions...

This is going to be used primarily, if not exclusively, for drums, so ease of setting up basic patches and patch organization are really important. Also, i need it by the middle of next month.

I'm still not sure if i'll get paid back for the emax, if not this whole point is moot. But if I do, there is a s900 in recycler for $350, and a s950 for $400. (I could probably haggle for either.) Good deal? Bad deal? How do they compare feature-wise and sound-wise to emax? can the emax timestretch? (the 950 can.) jest lookin for some pointers, outside of Kilo's reccomendations...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/34             24-Sep-98  @  07:32 AM   -   RE: s900 vs Emax

buggo

and you still didn't explain how to keep the sample from cutting off...

Message 32/34             24-Sep-98  @  04:53 PM   -   RE: s900 vs Emax

Buggo,

click the sustain button to stop samples from cutting off. Its on the main screen to the left of the note editing box.

-Chad Mitchell-

Message 33/34             25-Sep-98  @  03:24 AM   -   RE: s900 vs Emax

buggo

i know that's how it's done with notes...how about when you're just using the percussion bit? (and not that fucking grid)

Message 34/34             26-Sep-98  @  02:51 AM   -   RE: s900 vs Emax

buggo

Anyway, back to the original thread: I really want an s950 (fuck the 900...i need timestretch and extra memory!) so if anyone happens to see one for a decent price (sub-$400) it would be cool if you would let me know...just post it here or send an email or carrier pigeon or something...

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 34 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)