aaa Which sounds are same in techno... guess pls. - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Which sounds are same in techno... guess pls.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 20-Aug-98  @  05:02 PM   -   Which sounds are same in techno... guess pls.

Alex

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

you all know very well that all the techno songs have common drums/hihats/basses/pads. Please guess which instruments (synth/samplers) are mostly used with playing techno and tell please which you use... My opinion: Drums/hihats/claps-TR,
basslines: kinda Moog, pads: I use Korg N264 etc. Thanks in advance...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/35             26-Sep-98  @  11:36 AM   -   RE: Which sounds are same in techno... guess pls.

Penguin

Writers block !!!!!! Tell me about it. I havent been
able to come up with anything decent in ages.
Coincidently my creativity stopped round about the
same time I stopped smoking that funny old holborn
or am I just looking for excuses ?

Message 32/35             26-Sep-98  @  02:59 PM   -   RE: Which sounds are same in techno... guess pls.

xoxos

Link?:  Link

at http://www.winfiles.com do a search for oblique strategies. it's a card set brian eno and someone else came up with to un-'block' musicians. cards have intuitive or specific suggestions, phrases, ideas. it's a tiny program, fits nicely on my desktop.

xoxos.

Message 33/35             26-Sep-98  @  04:27 PM   -   RE: Which sounds are same in techno... guess pls.

Penguin

How do you unzip these files ?

Message 34/35             27-Sep-98  @  12:54 AM   -   RE: Which sounds are same in techno... guess pls.

kilo

synths?.... well aopart from old chicago stuff (dx, casio cz's, ensoniq's)... just look at a list of cheap analogs.. at the top of the klist are the sync-able ones... lower down the non syncables... but generally if you look at cheapies... sh-series, cheaper juno's & the 106, mc202, sci sixtrak, tsc, siel, jen, old cheap korgs, & yamaha's... and all the newer models from syntechno to matrix-1000 etc that is where you;ll find it... sure some famous units may go out and buy 10K esoteric analogs, but generally, it's the lower end of the market where the sounds are

Message 35/35             27-Sep-98  @  10:53 AM   -   RE: Which sounds are same in techno... guess pls.

Sedusa

Link?:  Link

Hehe, like the SH 2... (Sorry, had to say it...) I totally get where you're comin from, Buggo.. But listen to the shit that came out of it with me! I dunno.. Alll kinds of things will bring me inspiration.. All you really have to do is expose yourself to the world in general... There are plenty of things that will inspire you, if you give 'em a listen.. From oldskool Marvin Gaye tracks to a totally generic R&B track to Slayer to the Smiths..... Listening to a lot of music, (And not just music.. To the sounds of the world that surround you.. To the urban environment, to the tranquility of a quiet town....) will make you think in different ways.. When I'm stuck, I generally am depressed and I go out and buy a lot of music at random.. And the excercise, not only the music I buy (Which is narrow focused, of course, destined to end up on my turntable) directs me in new ways.. It's funny.. I go out buying techno 12"s to spin, but I end up having not only a few good tracks, I really LISTEN to the sounds of the world around me while I'm out gettin 'em... And It's something I don't regularly do when I go out, even if I try... I remember something that Brian Eno said, about Ambient (I like ambient, but I'm not makin tha shit!) ... "Ambient must be as interesting as it is ignorable"... And that phrase has rung true thru my head, not because I want my music to be ignorable, but because sometimes the most compelling juxtapositions of sound are the ones that you routinely ignore... And I don't make my music to be ignorable, but I think that you find those unique sounds in the facets of existance which are routinely ignored, and make them memorable, because people live them every day.. Am I talking out of my ass? Maybe... But think about it, and LISTEN to the world around you, and implement the sound of the world into your music, even if you have to go buy records to get into that state of mind  

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 35 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)